• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

the official new supreme court thread - Very political

“Conservative” is whatever it needs to be to advance a white nationalist agenda. That’s why the definition seems to change.

It also keeps changing because they say the quiet part out loud and they pretend to walk it back by coming up with new phrasing. Said it before, but I'll say it again. When you have to coin the phrase compassionate conservative that should be a giant flashing warning sign.

No, not Supreme Court Justices. Please, stop.

Why would Trump or a justice be embarrassed by his/her return?

Glacier vs. Teamsters today. A bunch of cement truck drivers went on strike, and while on strike, some of the cement in their trucks hardened and became unusable. Once back at work, the Cement company sued the drivers for the destruction of property. The Court will decide whether this is allowed. How badly will the conservative side of SC fuck over the hard-working Americans who voted for the people who appointed them? Let's tune in and find out.

Glacier vs. Teamsters today. A bunch of cement truck drivers went on strike, and while on strike, some of the cement in their trucks hardened and became unusable. Once back at work, the Cement company sued the drivers for the destruction of property. The Court will decide whether this is allowed. How badly will the conservative side of SC fuck over the hard-working Americans who voted for the people who appointed them? Let's tune in and find out.

This one feels dangerous...finding for the owners here feels like it could open up all kinds of downstream lawsuits where people try to recoup damages from labor actions. For example, a class action suit by affected passengers following a strike of airline employees that causes them to miss vacations, etc.

This court is one of the most pro business in a long time and I'd imagine sides with Glacier.

Which is definitely going to be annoying since the NLRB found that the workers took reasonable precautions to avoid said destruction of property.

Stoking intraclass warfare is good for the wealthy. Encouraging people to sue labor instead of ownership is definitely a pro-business move this court could make.

This one feels dangerous...finding for the owners here feels like it could open up all kinds of downstream lawsuits where people try to recoup damages from labor actions. For example, a class action suit by affected passengers following a strike of airline employees that causes them to miss vacations, etc.
Are you suggesting this version of scotus will care? Those investors don’t pay them to reason like this.

I'm not suggesting anything. Just considering some of the unsavory places one possible ruling can lead us.

What a weird argument. The iscotus is just calling balls and strikes... or something.

I assume they’ll soon start whining about persecution because people happen to question their shitty investigation.

Back