• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

the official new supreme court thread - Very political

Well it finally happened. The hammer has come down on the liberal justices as well. I can't believe Justice Sotomayor would do something so underhanded and corrupt as to have her aides ask libraries if they wanted to buy a copy of her book. BOTH SIDES!!!!

Well it finally happened. The hammer has come down on the liberal justices as well. I can't believe Justice Sotomayor would do something so underhanded and corrupt as to have her aides ask libraries if they wanted to buy a copy of her book. BOTH SIDES!!!!
Price per copy? ONE MILLION DOLLARS

Move along. Nothing to see here.

Several lawyers who have had business before the supreme court, including one who successfully argued to end race-conscious admissions at universities, paid money to a top aide to Justice Clarence Thomas, according to the aide’s Venmo transactions. The payments appear to have been made in connection to Thomas’s 2019 Christmas party.

The payments to Rajan Vasisht, who served as Thomas’s aide from July 2019 to July 2021, seem to underscore the close ties between Thomas, who is embroiled in ethics scandals following a series of revelations about his relationship with a wealthy billionaire donor, and certain senior Washington lawyers who argue cases and have other business in front of the justice.

It was a Christmas party. I'm sure they were just chipping in for some drinks and Christmas cookies.

Jesus loves the money lenders ! All the little money lenders in the world ! ! White and white, white and white all are precious to his political and judicial sight ! ! !

Meh. He had a party with a bunch of his former clerks. This doesn't move the needle with me nearly as much as the other shit unless more is revealed, which, totally possible with this crew.

It doesn't move the needle because it's not worse than what's already been uncovered.

Once you're no longer a clerk and you have business in front of the court, things change. Go to the Christmas party, fine. But don't chip in for it.

Can somebody with more legal expertise than I have (so basically anybody), walk me through what, if anything, Aileen Cannon has actually done wrong/is likely to do wrong with the current Trump case in front of her?

I know the prior case she had for him and what went awry there. Basically - is the left wing fear that I see on social media warranted, or is she just doing things "by the books", if not slightly in Trump's favor?

Can somebody with more legal expertise than I have (so basically anybody), walk me through what, if anything, Aileen Cannon has actually done wrong/is likely to do wrong with the current Trump case in front of her?

I know the prior case she had for him and what went awry there. Basically - is the left wing fear that I see on social media warranted, or is she just doing things "by the books", if not slightly in Trump's favor?
I don't think she's really done anything in the current case yet. There is concern she could do stuff based on how she handled the records case before.

Why is a SCOTUS justice hosting a party and taking Venmo for it. How cheap is he?

Why is a SCOTUS justice hosting a party and taking Venmo for it. How cheap is he?
Pick a side man. You don't want them to take favors from billionaires AND foot the bill for their own parties?

Who is Ted Cruz’s fanbase? I know he has a popular podcast but I’ve never seen an interview with someone who was big on Cruz like people are about Trump, DeSantis and others.

“That ring, dating from a star-studded era when the NFL franchise was still known as America’s Team,”

The shade here is chef’s kiss.

Back