• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

the official new supreme court thread - Very political

The attack on Chevron is just another attack on expertise by the right. It's a logical continuation of their attempts to live in an alternate reality for the sake of the thoughts and feelings of their brainwashed voters.

This is a potentially huge (unintended?) consequence if Chevron is massively overturned.

Chevron has courts defer to the technical experts hired by executive agencies to carry out laws.

Who do you want deciding if a piece of medical equipment is safe to use and effective in doing its job? A political science grad with a JD or a group of Ph.D engineers and MD's?

Who do you want deciding if a medicine is safe and properly formulated to treat a specific illness? Congress, a judge or MD's, pharmacists, biologists, chemists et al. at the Food and Drug Administration?

Would you rather have federal nuclear power plant experts inspecting nuclear power plants 24 hours a day, every day of the year or have a judge in the nearest federal district court decide at legal proceedings speed if something is not correct?

Who do you want deciding if a piece of medical equipment is safe to use and effective in doing its job? A political science grad with a JD or a group of Ph.D engineers and MD's?
Depends who you ask. If you ask attorneys, they pick the first option.

cliff's notes: conservative legal movement thinks deference to federal government (agencies) is bad.

congress (and courts) should decide everything

Court rules that Biden admin can force Texas to take down their razor wire fences. Roberts and Barrett joined the liberal justices.

Court rules that Biden admin can force Texas to take down their razor wire fences. Roberts and Barrett joined the liberal justices.
This could portend a very narrow ruling on the marine fisheries case.

4 dissented? Border control is squarely in the federal responsibility in the Constitution.

I agree, but I think the argument was that the federal government had ceded that to the state of Texas via inaction.

I agree, but I think the argument was that the federal government had ceded that to the state of Texas via inaction.

What is “inaction” in this context?

Explain...
Tax code is basically the broad template for Tax law passed by Congress. The 80 million questions tax practilners have about how to implement is addressed in the regulations.

Sent from my SM-S711U using Tapatalk

Back