• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

the official new supreme court thread - Very political

You think you can get away without fixing the problem of racism. You can’t wish it away, you can’t close your eyes and plug your ears and pretend it never happened. It happened - it’s happening. This nation owes Black people. Literally and figuratively. We owe them reparations, we owe them for violence done against them, we owe them for property stolen from them and opportunities denied them. For you to deny that is asinine.

“If you stick a knife in my back nine inches and pull it out six inches, there's no progress. If you pull it all the way out that's not progress. Progress is healing the wound that the blow made. And they haven't even pulled the knife out much less heal the wound. They won't even admit the knife is there.”
- MALCOLM X

You understand that we have a Constitution with an equal protection clause, right? The government can't do things just because it wants to do them. The things they want to do have to be, at a minimum, not illegal.

You understand that we have a Constitution with an equal protection clause, right? The government can't do things just because it wants to do them. The things they want to do have to be, at a minimum, not illegal.
Which we ignored for a couple hundred years resulting in a permanent underclass?

You said affirmative action was about “judging” black people - an accusation, now suddenly you want to talk about the Constitution. I can’t keep up with all your dumbass arguments, can you please just stick to 1 at a time?

You guys will rationalize anything. Using race as a factor in public opportunities is racial discrimination. You can spin it all you want but that's what it is and you are in favor of it. Add it to your resume. It's not as bad as abortion but it's still pretty bad, and history will be unkind.

Interesting considering your party is using race to dilute voting power.

I’m ok with that. Breyer’s old ass should retire during a Democratic term if he doesn’t want to die during a Republican term. There’s far more at stake in the world than the feelings of a few 80 year old judges.

Do you trust Manchin and/or Sinema to confirm his replacement?

I'll take that as a compliment from the dipshit arguing they are going to overturn Brown.

And from the crowd that thinks the government is going to fix racism with....wait for it...more racism.

You said affirmative action was about “judging” black people - an accusation, now suddenly you want to talk about the Constitution. I can’t keep up with all your dumbass arguments, can you please just stick to 1 at a time?

This is one simple, very old argument. It goes something like this:

No State shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any State deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws.

And from the crowd that thinks the government is going to fix racism with....wait for it...more racism.

Here I thought “all lives matter” was just an ignorant slogan and you’ve built an entire ignorant ideology around it.

Call it whatever you want to call it. Someone has to counter you people. We’ve seen what you’re capable of unchecked. It’s fucking evil.

Call it whatever you want to call it. Someone has to counter you people. We’ve seen what you’re capable of unchecked. It’s fucking evil.

Because we don't want to discriminate based upon race as a matter of public policy in 2022.

Back