• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

the official new supreme court thread - Very political

I think we reached the point of no going back with Merrick Garland’s confirmation hearing.

I agree. Changed the process forever. It will be interesting to see what happens when the President and the Senate are controlled by two different parties. I can see years of gridlock due to lack of judicial appointments.

so do we think clarence thomas is about to kick it? seems suspiciously quiet on that front.

can-i-kick-it-texture.gif

so do we think clarence thomas is about to kick it? seems suspiciously quiet on that front.

If Clarence Thomas actually died, his wife may not go public until closer to the election.

If Thomas does go down, I can't wait to hear McConnell and Co.'s excuses for why it's reprehensible that Democrats are trying to push through a second confirmation in an election year.

If Thomas does go down, I can't wait to hear McConnell and Co.'s excuses for why it's reprehensible that Democrats are trying to push through a second confirmation in an election year.

I hope they nominate the lead counsel for Planned Parenthood

As long as he went in with an open mind.

Lolz. "Watching her performance" - so he judged her performance to be troubling, but not the antics of his fellow GOP Senators asking misleading, irrelevant, or just inane questions that had little or nothing to do with her qualifications? Sure he had an open mind, sure. Looks like this may well end up being a 51-50 vote after all with VP Harris casting the tiebreaker. And that's a real shame for someone as clearly qualified as she is.

Why are people assuming that Sinema and Manchin will fall in line on this?

Back