• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The Official OGBoards Running (and Cycling) Thread: (Insert Season Here)

do the best you can and have as much fun as possible. hell you get to play in the mud.

this.

and i'm not sure in your response to me, if you were trying to disagree with me on something. i wasn't disagreeing with anything you've posted. just saying that if you never run 4 miles before the race, i still don't think you have anything to worry about. the frequent breaks make the distance much easier to cover.

My wife isn't an athlete either, so our goal is to finish - neither of us has aspirations of winning or placing or any of that junk, so I'm sure we'll just do it the best we can.

If your wife expects to be able to handle the obstacles, you should be able to handle them too since you have done strength training in the past.

No I wasn't disagreeing. Your post actually makes me feel better. I think the race said that the first stretch is 0.8 miles unbroken, which is the longest stretch without an obstacle.

Can someone please motivate me to go run in the pouring rain today? I really am thinking about just going home instead.

Can someone please motivate me to go run in the pouring rain today? I really am thinking about just going home instead.

Running in the rain is fun! Don't be lazy, you'll regret it later.

Running in the rain is fun! Don't be lazy, you'll regret it later.

seriously, i was pissed when it didn't start raining during my morning 8 today. get out there and knock out some miles.

once you venture out into that rain for your run, you'll be like "damn I'm superior and awesome" then you can go home and have a beer or some liquor that you straight up earned.

i may have to run in the rain this afternoon afterall. was gonna skip since it's raining and im going to grandma's for dinner, but going to grandma's for dinner is probs a good reason TO run.

Alright thanks...it's on. 6 mi fartlek workout in the rain here I come

WTF is a fartlick workout?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fartlek

Fartlek, which means "speed play" in Swedish,[1] is a form of interval training which puts stress on the whole aerobic energy system due to the continuous nature of the exercise. The difference between this type of training and continuous training is that the intensity or speed of the exercise varies, meaning that both aerobic and anaerobic systems can be put under stress. It differs from traditional interval training in that it is unstructured; intensity and/or speed can be varied whenever the athlete wishes.[2][3]

for example you are running, you pick up the pace until you hit a random landmark, like a mailbox, or house, or driveway, then go back to your normal pace. do them randomly throughout a run and you have a fartlek workout

Oh sweet, I do that on accident then sometimes. I'm such a pro.

Well I made it through, glad I went. Some rain blowing in my face but not too bad. Thanks for the motivation! Good luck to everyone doing Myrtle Beach this weekend!

went for my first post-marathon run this afternoon. a nice easy 4. went really slow but i figure thats probably for the best. legs got a little heavy towards the end but overall it felt good to hit the pavement again

Finally, finally, finally got my sub 4 marathon at Myrtle Beach. Finished in 3:58. So pumped.

Finally, finally, finally got my sub 4 marathon at Myrtle Beach. Finished in 3:58. So pumped.

Congrats. You marathon runners inspire me, yet also make me feel like a worhtless POS.

Saturday is my big run. I'll be running 7 miles for the first time since the Salem Lake thing back in October. Thankfully its gorgeous outside.

Congrats. You marathon runners inspire me, yet also make me feel like a worhtless POS.

Saturday is my big run. I'll be running 7 miles for the first time since the Salem Lake thing back in October. Thankfully its gorgeous outside.

The weather was amazing this morning. 40 when I started, 55 when I finished. Last 5 of my 17 I picked up the pace and it did some work on my legs.

Back