• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The Official OGBoards Running (and Cycling) Thread: (Insert Season Here)

not sure what other people like to drink after a run, but i've recently discovered chocolate coconut water, and it is delicious.

Herro frands! Just wanted to let yall know that ive been starting a little workout plan that a Navy friend of mine gave me. Lots of running, which is not my strongsuit. NE WAYS, I ran 2 miles this morning (the furthest ive gone non stop in years) and it got my a little excited. Okay thats all. WHEWWWWWWWWW!

Been off this thread for awhile, but T-minus 8-10 weeks until I can start running again.

About 24 months ago I started having a persistent pain in my hip. After trying to train through it for a while, I finally broke down and went to an orthopedist, who took and MRI and some X-rays and diagnosed me with a hip impingement and torn labrum. Finally had the surgery to reshape my hip bone and repair my labrum two weeks ago. My first post surgery checkup was this morning. Everything looks good so far. No weight on my right leg for two more weeks and then at least 4 weeks of physical therapy before I can start doing any sort of athletic training again, but according to the doctor, I can probably ease back into running sometime around November.

Took advantage of W-S's cooler, dryer air this morning for 7.5 miles, including a lap around MSD. Our 6-month old Ridgeback paced my 1st mile at 8:20.

Took advantage of W-S's cooler, dryer air this morning for 7.5 miles, including a lap around MSD. Our 6-month old Ridgeback paced my 1st mile at 8:20.

Nice. I was looking for a Ridgeback on all of the various adoption sites, but ended up with an English Pointer that showed up as a stray in need of a home in a neighborhood of some friends/family. She's 7 months, but at the advice of the vet, I haven't taken her out for a run yet.

what time were you out running? I headed out at 5 am and although it was cooler at about 60 degrees, the humidity was still close to 100%

what time were you out running? I headed out at 5 am and although it was cooler at about 60 degrees, the humidity was still close to 100%

I left at 11:15 AM today. I'm sure it was warmer than 60, but the humidity was much more tolerable vs the past few days.

I left at 11:15 AM today. I'm sure it was warmer than 60, but the humidity was much more tolerable vs the past few days.

yes definitely less humid as the day went on. weather looks good for a few days before getting hot again

Nice. I was looking for a Ridgeback on all of the various adoption sites, but ended up with an English Pointer that showed up as a stray in need of a home in a neighborhood of some friends/family. She's 7 months, but at the advice of the vet, I haven't taken her out for a run yet.

I refer to him as a Ridgeback b/c that what he is...mostly. A local Ridgeback breeder had a pure female that found a gentleman caller...who was not a Ridgeback. The pups were handed off to the Humane Society on Miller St and we hit the jackpot. Amazing dog that was perfectly house-trained by age 4 months. My best guess is he's got some boxer/pitbull in him.

Been running a bit more over the last month or so. Normally I forgo running at the beach (I don't love running on the sand, and running inland always is so hot/humid...not to mention I don't typically exercise while on vacation). But, we're up on the Jersey Shore this week, and I Have to say, running on the promenade is pretty awesome. It's cooler/less humid this week for sure, but also being able to see the ocean, while also running on a solid path, is pretty sweet.

Has anyone else had problems with syncing your Garmin watches since they upgraded their software?

I managed to let my watch battery die over the weekend, so it took a little longer than normal to lock onto a GPS location this morning. I actually got a bit chilly while waiting, and it was glorious. Bring on the cooler temps!

Has anyone else had problems with syncing your Garmin watches since they upgraded their software?

They're having issues today. My weight routine with my Vivofit didn't create an activity and users are complaining about not uploading from running.

They say you can use the classic site and manually upload your .tcx file though.

They're having issues today. My weight routine with my Vivofit didn't create an activity and users are complaining about not uploading from running.

They say you can use the classic site and manually upload your .tcx file though.

Cool. I have had a couple issues with the site since they upgraded me last month. Getting a little frustrating.

Cool. I have had a couple issues with the site since they upgraded me last month. Getting a little frustrating.

Tell me about it. We get points for our corporate health program with each verified workout, so if something doesn't record, I miss out on money.

Tell me about it. We get points for our corporate health program with each verified workout, so if something doesn't record, I miss out on money.

wheres-my-money-.gif

I've never been able to make the new garmin site work; I have to use the classic page and upload. It will still find/upload from my device, but I have to do it - it's not automatic.

Our other issue is taht we've got two garmin units, and my garmin connect won't upload anything automatically and J's connect will automatically upload both of our things (so he has to go back and delete mine out). We can't find the setting that's making it pull from both devices, and it's kind of obnoxious. I wish there was an easier way to tie a specific device to a specific account.

I don't like the new Garmin site. I have stuck with Classic - you have more data options (unless I am missing something).

I also don't like strained soleuses.

Back