• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The Official OGBoards Running (and Cycling) Thread: (Insert Season Here)

Anyone run the trails much at Moses Cone Park in the Boone/Blowing Rock area? I'll be up there with the family the second weekend of October, and I'm scheduled to get in 20 miles that Sunday morning. I assume there aren't really trash cans, water fountains, etc. away from the parking lot and manor house. What would be the best route to tick off 20? I plan to just carry Gatorade and gels, and go get lost. Ideally, I'd like to refill my bottles about halfway through, so I was planning to knock out one side of the Parkway at the time. Which one is better to start?

Cone has great running. It's not flat obviously, but running on old carriage roads means the grade is manageable.

Other thing about this race (NC Halloween Half-Marathon) is it's on November 1st, which means I have to behave on Halloween...

Other thing about this race (NC Halloween Half-Marathon) is it's on November 1st, which means I have to behave on Halloween...

tumblr_inline_mi575oLrLE1qz4rgp.gif

lbE08 thank you so much for the Portland run recommendation. I had a top 10 run of my life today. Portland is such a badass city. I'm staying downtown, and hopped on the Max (light rail). I went 4 stops to the zoo. I ran the Forest Park Wildwood Trail out and back for 7 miles. So beautiful, so hard because of the elevation change ( I live in Dallas).

Food has also been great here. I'm 2 lunches and 2 dinners into Portland and it's awesome.

Portland rocks.

Hooray!! Glad you're enjoying it!

Cross Country ACCs my senior year were on November 1st. In Chapel Hill. Our hotel was on Franklin Street. I was in bed by nine.

All my friends showed up the next morning to watch in a state of un-soberness. I was jealous. Race sucked.

Cross Country ACCs my senior year were on November 1st. In Chapel Hill. Our hotel was on Franklin Street. I was in bed by nine.

All my friends showed up the next morning to watch in a state of un-soberness. I was jealous. Race sucked.

Is that meet always Halloween weekend? I remember going to Franklin St. Freshman year, driving back that night because it was parent's weekend. I rolled into campus around 5 or 6am as they were getting set up for a meet of some sort. We kicked the shit out of Clemson that day. I think we scored 45. Chris Barclay was UNSTOPPABLE.

I roll out of bed and run for 30-60 minutes 4-5 days a week. Maybe there are people out there doing speed workouts after high school but I don't know any of 'em.

I roll out of bed and run for 30-60 minutes 4-5 days a week. Maybe there are people out there doing speed workouts after high school but I don't know any of 'em.

I do speedwork all the damn time. Still trying to relive the glory daze.

I'm at the track once a week.

I overdo the speed stuff when I'm distance training tbh. I just greatly prefer it, and it's what I've always been better at anyway.

Only the ones who want to improve their times ;)

not with that attitude.

I'm definitely faster now than I was in high school (but I also didn't actually run track in hs).

Back