• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The Official OGBoards Running (and Cycling) Thread: (Insert Season Here)

Spending my last couple of months at Salem Lake, I've noticed some things that bug me.

1. People who wander the trail, talking on their phone. Thanks for ruining my serenity.
2. People listening to music without headphones. See above.
3. Cyclists who don't wear helmets. What the fuck is wrong with you?

Spending my last couple of months at Salem Lake, I've noticed some things that bug me.

1. People who wander the trail, talking on their phone. Thanks for ruining my serenity.

Haven't run into anyone smoking on the trail yet?

This morning our local cycling crew kicked off the 2nd annual stage race. This morning's segment was ~23 miles of soft pedaling, with a 2 mile ITT in the middle. The ITT was tracked via Strava (no drafting, obvi) and is used to determine teams for the remaining 4 stages this week.

And yes, there is a custom-designed leader's jersey at stake...

This morning our local cycling crew kicked off the 2nd annual stage race. This morning's segment was ~23 miles of soft pedaling, with a 2 mile ITT in the middle. The ITT was tracked via Strava (no drafting, obvi) and is used to determine teams for the remaining 4 stages this week.

And yes, there is a custom-designed leader's jersey at stake...

Ah, I remember this from last year - such a cool idea.

Eh, if the music is shitty I just run faster to get away from them. Good motivation.

My bigger gripe is the people who wander the trail 2-3 wide and don't understand right-of-way or common courtesy to just move over.

The things I've seen on Saturday mornings at Salem lake would give y'all nightmares.

The things I've seen on Saturday mornings at Salem lake would give y'all nightmares.

Damn. Nothing good happens on Sunday.

I'll admit I'm going to miss my Sunday Salem Lake and Moose Cafe routine, a little.

I once saw a six- or seven-year old kid wiping his mom's butt while she pooped on the side of the trail next to the lake.

I once saw an orgy (or some other weird naked gathering in the woods) at seven am on a Saturday.

The Official OGBoards Running (and Swimming and Cycling) Thread: SIZZLING Hot Summer

That's all I can remember off the top of my head. But I've actually had a nightmare about the pooping incident.

Once saw a guy poop in the information box at Reynolda Gardens

^ where is the route?

Yesterday was Graylyn > Reynolda Rd > Bethania (past Muddy Creek Cafe) > Right on Tobaccoville > Right on Mizpah Church Rd > Right on Bethania Rural Hall Rd > Right on Murray Rd...then home via Bethabara.

The time trial was on Murray Rd. A very forgiving stretch of subtle downhill.

Different routes each day through Saturday.

Yesterday was Graylyn > Reynolda Rd > Bethania (past Muddy Creek Cafe) > Right on Tobaccoville > Right on Mizpah Church Rd > Right on Bethania Rural Hall Rd > Right on Murray Rd...then home via Bethabara.
Sounds like a nice first set.

Anyone looking for a pretty stout ride in GSO area should hit up the Farmer's Market ride on Tuesdays. I had never been but have shown up a couple of times in the past few weeks. Route is 33 miles, last couple of times I've done it the average speed has been over 24 mph. The group works well together rotating about 1 min per pull and only 'races' at the very end.

https://www.strava.com/activities/719443740/segments/17654458272

And yes, this is my subtley bragging. Because a 24 mph ride over 90 min, no matter the group, is a legit effort for my big ass.

Back