• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The Official OGBoards Running (and Cycling) Thread: (Insert Season Here)

But that doesn't really answer my question. The half-marathon qualifying times are no longer on the website that you linked.

Pretty sure they are.

Men's Standards:

Age*
Marathon
Half-marathon

18-34
2:53
1:21

35-39
2:55
1:23

40-44
2:58
1:25

45-49
3:05
1:28

50-54
3:14
1:32

55-59
3:23
1:36

60-64
3:34
1:41

65-69
3:45
1:46

70-74
4:10
1:57

75-79
4:30
2:07

80+
4:55
2:15

Last edited:
full:
NY (nyc)
IL (chi)
MA (boston)
PA (scranton)

halfs:
NY (all 5 boroughs, nyc half, hamptons half)
VT (covered bridges)
MA (hyannis)

i did the NYC marathon 10 times, 9 of each were through 9 + 1 guaranteed entry program. 1st entry was luck of the draw. your best bet is to maybe try and get in and run it via a team (team for kids is one of their big ones)...you of course have to raise some $$$.

Technically any non-NYRR marathon or half marathon qualifying times aren't guaranteed. It's a first come, first serve registration period. They did not fill all the time slots last year, so they relaxed the standards a bit this year. Since the qualifying window is Jan 1- Dec 31, 2014, if you wanted to guarantee your entry you could just register as soon as it opens so you're first in line once they finish going through the NYRR qualifiers.

Pretty sure they are.

Shit, y'all right! My phone cut off the extra column when I looked this morning. My bad.

A quick search for an all-inclusive package to run the Antarctica marathon is about 7k, which is a few grand cheaper than I imagined it would be.

Full- VA/DC (MCM), TN
Half - VA, TN

Anyone else running the Richmond Marathon on Saturday?

Any tips from those that have run it in the past?

Full- VA/DC (MCM), TN
Half - VA, TN

Anyone else running the Richmond Marathon on Saturday?

Any tips from those that have run it in the past?

Great race.

Get into town early. Traffic and parking are annoying with the half and 8K also going on.

I was going to ask who was in RVA. We're just in town visiting family but I have a friend running the full and the half (both also from DC area incidentally). I'm sure I have HS friends running as well. I would love to go cheer but the cold weather is putting me off.

I was going to ask who was in RVA. We're just in town visiting family but I have a friend running the full and the half (both also from DC area incidentally). I'm sure I have HS friends running as well. I would love to go cheer but the cold weather is putting me off.

I'm in RVA but not a runner. It's gotta be miserable out there - was about 28 degrees at 8am.
I'm planning a leaf-raking marathon for today, which will not exactly be a picnic either.

Paced a buddy doing a race pace 15k this morning on my bike at the lake. It was pretty miserable. Would have felt much better running. My hands got so damn cold I almost passed out from the pain in my fingers when I got back to the truck.

Hey, RTQ, how was your time? Do you wear your bib on your leg?

Anyone got good IT stretches?

Foam roller is as good as it gets. If you have a pool noodle style roller and are having mixed results, try a rolling pin style. They are more convenient and easier to use often.

Hey, RTQ, how was your time? Do you wear your bib on your leg?

5k and 6 Krispy Kremes in 35 minutes. My 30 minute goal was clearly too ambitious when it took me 10 minutes to eat the KKs. The smell of sugar was overwhelming when approaching the doughnut area. Managed 2nd place women 30-39 in the doughnut-eater category.

And I often do wear my bib on my leg in colder weather (so, only on pants, never on shorts) in case I need to take off a top layer.

Foam roller is as good as it gets. If you have a pool noodle style roller and are having mixed results, try a rolling pin style. They are more convenient and easier to use often.

I have one of the trigger point ones... it's a PITA to do those side thigh massages (just got finished with a round).

5k and 6 Krispy Kremes in 35 minutes. My 30 minute goal was clearly too ambitious when it took me 10 minutes to eat the KKs. The smell of sugar was overwhelming when approaching the doughnut area. Managed 2nd place women 30-39 in the doughnut-eater category.

So, the donuts are a bigger hindrance than I would've thought... wow.

And I often do wear my bib on my leg in colder weather (so, only on pants, never on shorts) in case I need to take off a top layer.

Huh... that makes sense. What would you do with your top layer? Throw it down and get it later? Tie it around your waist?

Does the bib ever get in the way?

I have one of the trigger point ones... it's a PITA to do those side thigh massages (just got finished with a round).

Get one of the rolling pin style ones. They are much easier to use anywhere.

So, the donuts are a bigger hindrance than I would've thought... wow.

Huh... that makes sense. What would you do with your top layer? Throw it down and get it later? Tie it around your waist?

Does the bib ever get in the way?

I'm sure other people could eat the donuts faster, but yes it was tougher than I expected!

sometimes I'm wearing a throwaway top layer that I toss or hand off, or other times I've tied around my waist. Never had it get in my way on the ole thigh. For a cold 5k today there was really no risk of me needing to drop a layer, but it was my first time wearing the jacket so I didn't want to stab it with pins.

Back