• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The Official OGBoards Running (and Cycling) Thread: (Insert Season Here)

Friend of mine put up a 2:45 at Thunder Road this morning, and it was his first. Damn.

Friend of my dad's ran that. Wake employee, some of y'all probably know him from TCTC. My dad introduced him to running and he's so fast now. Think he's a sub 3 guy now in his late 50s.

I will never be that fast.

Friend of mine put up a 2:45 at Thunder Road this morning, and it was his first. Damn.

That is weird I know everyone who finished sub 2:47, not seeing anyone at 2:45. A 2:45 debut for a normal human is nuts, I "debuted" at 3:54

still absurd for a first. good for him!

yeah still an incredible time, whats his background to be able to bust off a marathon like that?

I am also always interested in what people think of that race, it was my first full but not one I ever think about, yet I have friends who run it year after year. Cold ass day too.

It's cold outside!

17F is now the coldest temperature in which I've run.

I will never be that fast.

Townie, my hippie friend, don't you run like 5 minute beer miles? Just think if you cleaned yourself up and shaved and stopped smoking drugs all the time. You might be the fastest man on earth.

what does shaving have to do with anything

i promise you it's not aerodynamics holding me back

Townie, please. There is a reason why you don't see Usain Bolt rocking this look:

townie.jpg

Is your friend Franklin? If so, I've run with him a few times. Really nice guy. I'm imprrssed his debut was so fast. Lord knows my first marathon wasn't.

Is your friend Franklin? If so, I've run with him a few times. Really nice guy. I'm imprrssed his debut was so fast. Lord knows my first marathon wasn't.

Yep. Nice guy even if he is a Heel.

I've been sidelined for about 6 weeks with really bad IT band pain, I finally went to the doctor last week who diagnosed what was going on, and gave me list of stretches and foam rolls to do every day. He also used Graston, which my friends told me about but I had no idea how painful it was. I'm still bruised 3 days later.

On another note, I finally had the epiphany that I need to do way more cross-training, so I've been doing yoga several times a week and swimming a few days a week as well. I'm finding that I really enjoy the pool, but my technique is lolbad.

I had my first bust-my-ass fall during a run this morning. Slipped on some wet leaves or mud or something while making a turn and did a nice little belly flop on the pavement. Surprisingly not that banged up -- just some scratched palms and knee -- but the shoulder is a little stiff. Maybe your mama can come massage it for me.

I had my first bust-my-ass fall during a run this morning. Slipped on some wet leaves or mud or something while making a turn and did a nice little belly flop on the pavement. Surprisingly not that banged up -- just some scratched palms and knee -- but the shoulder is a little stiff. Maybe your mama can come massage it for me.

Take it easy for a couple of days. Did you hit your knee at all? If not, you seriously lucked out!

When I fell and hurt my knee last year, I thought I was feeling better and went for an "easy" run. Near the end, I looked down and saw I was running a 12:00 mile. I got mad and started running hard, which made my knee really hurt. I limped to the end, finished my run under 12:00 and could barely walk for the next few days.

Booked this trip a few weeks back. It's not until September 2015 but I'm pretty pumped about it.

http://blog.momentumriverexpeditions.com/2013/09/29/rogue-river-trail-running-trips/

Join Momentum River Expeditions on a 3-Day raft supported Trail Running Trip along Oregon’s Wild and Scenic Rogue River. Combine the world famous Rogue River Trail with comfortable raft supported river side camping and gourmet meals.

The Rogue River is an iconic American classic; one of the world’s great wilderness rivers, a founding member of the National Wild and Scenic River System, and a river with such a grand reputation that in some circles it is simply known as “The Canyon”. The Rogue River National Recreation Trail from Grave Creek to Foster Bar cuts through the heart of the canyon and offers stunning views of the river and unique access to a wilderness playground that is home to a staggering amount of wildlife. The trail is 40 miles of wilderness single-track that is only accessed from the start, the finish, or by river.

Back