• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The Official OGBoards Running (and Cycling) Thread: (Insert Season Here)

Not exactly the same. UA was founded by a MD alum, Kevin Plank, who is one of their biggest athletic donors.

Oh so bym has something against Kevin Plank? I read it as the fact that UA supports Maryland Athletics. Regardless, who cares but not wearing a brand of clothing due to some allegiance to a sports team, especially one as irrelevant to Wake as Maryland, is preposterous, in my opinion. However, as always, you do you.

Hey, if any of you motherfuckers were out running this morning at 7:35 and jaywalked across East Morehead Street up by the Y and flipped me off and yelled, "FUCK YOU!" at me when I beeped my horn at you after I had to hit my brakes to avoid hitting your stupid ass, FUCK YOU TOO! You're an idiot and you're likely to lose head to head with my Chevy Suburban.

Woah, this sounds like hops. Was it hops?

Just wondering whether anyone here has ever run the Cherry Blossom 10-miler in Washington, D.C. The race has a lottery entry, and after many failed attempts to gain entry, I was accepted this year. I would love to read any comments about the race.

I will be 61 on race day, and am currently getting 25-30 miles per week. I don't think I'll have any trouble amping up to 10 miles by race day (April 12), but I'll see! Any training tips for an old guy??

I love that race! Fast, flat, big field, and you run through some pretty awesome DC landmarks. One year I did the race it was really cold, so you may want to bring some throwaway clothes. Continue to ramp up the mileage slowly and you'll have no problem.

Do you not wear Nike either since they support UNC?

Not to the same level. UA to Maryland is more akin to Nike to Oregon... Unless I'm just completely wrong on the matter. I was under the impression that the owner of UA is a huge Maryland booster.

Also, I hate UNC, but they didn't turn on the conference.

Oh so bym has something against Kevin Plank? I read it as the fact that UA supports Maryland Athletics. Regardless, who cares but not wearing a brand of clothing due to some allegiance to a sports team, especially one as irrelevant to Wake as Maryland, is preposterous, in my opinion. However, as always, you do you.

Don't want to make any more money available to UMD, no matter how small.

Running shoes are like in basketball shoe price ranges now. I'm not going to use the search function to figure out when I last bought two pairs of Adistar Boost but I don't remember them being outrageous. Both are worn out and I replaced them with another two pairs and didn't bother to look at the price tag. Two pairs? That'll be $340. What the shit.

Running shoes are like in basketball shoe price ranges now. I'm not going to use the search function to figure out when I last bought two pairs of Adistar Boost but I don't remember them being outrageous. Both are worn out and I replaced them with another two pairs and didn't bother to look at the price tag. Two pairs? That'll be $340. What the shit.

I usually hit up online discounts of previous models. It's pretty rare that I pay full price for a shoe. The most expensive shoes I run in retail for $150. I've gotten 7 pairs for less than $100 each over the last 3 years.

$340 gets me 3-4 pairs depending on type and if I have any discounts. I paid $80 for my most recent purchase of Skechers Go Run 4's which is their latest model. Googled for a coupon code and found 25% off.

I just went ahead and paid for them because I was at the register and got some other stuff too but I may take them back and see if I can do better online or go back to some of the other shoes I used to wear.

ouch to $340 for 2 pairs of shoes.

It pained me a little to spend $75 on a pair of thermal running pants yesterday, don't think I've ever spent that much on one pair of pants of any sort, perhaps not on any item of clothing outside of a jacket. Found some cheaper ones on the online discount sites as lbe suggested, but then I saw that it'll be 17/feels like 11 when I start a 17 mile run tomorrow morning (doubt I've ever planned a run that was same number of miles as degrees out) so I figured I should just get them now so I can (hopefully) be more comfortable.

ouch to $340 for 2 pairs of shoes.

It pained me a little to spend $75 on a pair of thermal running pants yesterday, don't think I've ever spent that much on one pair of pants of any sort, perhaps not on any item of clothing outside of a jacket. Found some cheaper ones on the online discount sites as lbe suggested, but then I saw that it'll be 17/feels like 11 when I start a 17 mile run tomorrow morning (doubt I've ever planned a run that was same number of miles as degrees out) so I figured I should just get them now so I can (hopefully) be more comfortable.

What did you buy?

lol big running pulling the wool over y'alls eyes

It was $208 for two pairs in September 2013. Maybe they just made a lot of performance upgrades over that time.

What did you buy?

http://www.dickssportinggoods.com/product/index.jsp?productId=21718816

They were the thickest/fleeciest ones I could find in the store. Also too many of the other tights didn't have a drawstring. I thought about just getting a cheaper simple pair of tights from another brand and layering with my existing pants, but there weren't any with a drawstring. I'm actually thinking of trying to add drawstrings to some of my existing capris that are always falling down. #eatmorepantsfit

Almost certainly far less materials. Can't speak to performance, but running has been an exploding market for shoe companies the past ten years. Drop shoes cost less money to manufacture and cost more money than shoes with more support.

36, with a wind chill of 30 outside right now. Gonna have to wear soccer socks I guess. I'm tempted to go pick up some tights but I'm a little #nervous to wear them for the first time on a long, long run.

Last edited:
Back