• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The Official OGBoards Running (and Cycling) Thread: (Insert Season Here)

blech. as mentioned above, i can't handle lingering flavors very well. need to cut it with water or chase it with something to get the taste out of my mouth.

As my running group was heading out last night, one woman in the group mentioned that the run was going to put her over 1,400 miles for the year.

So I'm curious, where is everyone at in terms of mileage with five months to go in the year? I'm at 517, well on my way to my 1,000 mile goal for the year.

As my running group was heading out last night, one woman in the group mentioned that the run was going to put her over 1,400 miles for the year.

So I'm curious, where is everyone at in terms of mileage with five months to go in the year? I'm at 517, well on my way to my 1,000 mile goal for the year.

i run mayyyybe 4 times a week and i'm at 560

don't have a mileage goal, but i do have some 5k/10k goals

Here's my breakdown by month:

January - 179
February - 203
March - 109
April - 102
May - 145
June - 190
July - 204

Total: 1132

Had a race in March and then took 2 weeks off of no running at all before slowly starting to build up the weekly mileage again.

I'm apparently a minimalist runner. Since 2005 I have trained for and run 4 full marathons, 23 half marathons, several short triathlons, one Olympic triathlon and one half-iron triathlon - yet I have never run more than 820 miles in a year... I'm at 437 after 7 months this year.

I'm at 1,348.8 on the year. 227.8 in July. Started my NYC marathon build up mid-July, so the monthly totals will only go up from here. At least until the race is over. My husband is at 2,259.2 on the year, which is a ridiculous 322.75 miles/month average. I'm tired just thinking about that. No specific annual mileage goals.

518 for the year and 106 for July. Not bad since I took two weeks off for IT band.

2015 so far: 699
Jan - 126
Feb - 108
Mar - 87
Apr - 102
May, June, July - 92 each (weird...)

so far for 2015:
2,793.3mi on the bike
514.5 mi running
lots and lots of yards swimming.

503 on the year.

only ran 30 in January and about 50 in February as I worked my way back from major hip surgery.

I'm at 1,348.8 on the year. 227.8 in July. Started my NYC marathon build up mid-July, so the monthly totals will only go up from here. At least until the race is over. My husband is at 2,259.2 on the year, which is a ridiculous 322.75 miles/month average. I'm tired just thinking about that. No specific annual mileage goals.

holy balls! what event(s) is he training for?

NYC marathon I suppose. He did an Ironman last year and decided to take a year off of triathlons and has been filling the time he isn't biking with running. I have no idea how he does it, but he seems to enjoy most of the miles.

As long as he enjoys it!
I'll be filling my long run time with biking as I take the next year "off" (I'll do a half, but not another full just yet).

517.6 as of yesterday. Training for first and maybe only marathon in my life. Chicago in October. I am amazed by what many of you can do.

What does everyone here eat for snacks? Eating lots of protein bars gets expensive. I know RTQ does baby carrots and hummus.

Back