• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The Official OGBoards Running (and Cycling) Thread: (Insert Season Here)

Ah I forgot he lived there. Do you think he'd be cool with me crashing there the night before?

Unfortunately, I can't read his mind anymore, but I can PM you his email or his phone if you like.

Also, I'm not sure what his plan is for next year: his gf is a 3L.

So I think I have a mild case of peroneal ankle tendonitis. I'm going to try to target the area with some stretches before and after my run tonight and then ice it to see how it feels.

So I think I have a mild case of peroneal ankle tendonitis. I'm going to try to target the area with some stretches before and after my run tonight and then ice it to see how it feels.

:werd: that's what I had a few weeks ago.

If you can get some KT tape that really helped me out.

:werd: that's what I had a few weeks ago.

If you can get some KT tape that really helped me out.

Well damn, I just looked this stuff up and it looks too good to be true. I remember in high school my coaches always told me that taping stuff made the problem go elsewhere.

Well damn, I just looked this stuff up and it looks too good to be true. I remember in high school my coaches always told me that taping stuff made the problem go elsewhere.

Haha, it's pretty popular methinks, I'm surprised you hadn't heard of it before. They sell it at fleet feet and other running shops too I think. I got mine off Amazon.

It really helped me though, I had issues just walking w/out pain for about a week, and the tape was a miracle worker. Helped almost instantly.

Haha, it's pretty popular methinks, I'm surprised you hadn't heard of it before. They sell it at fleet feet and other running shops too I think. I got mine off Amazon.

It really helped me though, I had issues just walking w/out pain for about a week, and the tape was a miracle worker. Helped almost instantly.

I guess I haven't been hurt that much recently. I just bought some of the pro kind off of Amazon. 20 10 inch strips with next day air for $9 after my gift cards kicked in. Not bad. The video I watched on their site looks like it would make my foot feel amazing compared to how it feels now.

Unfortunately, I can't read his mind anymore, but I can PM you his email or his phone if you like.

Also, I'm not sure what his plan is for next year: his gf is a 3L.

Fair enough. Well I think I'm gonna go ahead and sign up for it. I've got places to stay an hour away if I have to. Plus I start living rent free again here in May so forking out for a hotel for one night wouldn't be the end of the world.

I guess I haven't been hurt that much recently. I just bought some of the pro kind off of Amazon. 20 10 inch strips with next day air for $9 after my gift cards kicked in. Not bad. The video I watched on their site looks like it would make my foot feel amazing compared to how it feels now.

Yep, that's exactly what I got. Did this application:

http://www.kttape.com/instructions/peroneal-tendonitis/

The first application I did was pretty sloppy, and only lasted a couple days. The next two lasted 5 pretty easily.

i've never quite understood the tape. half of the people i know who use it SWEAR by it. the other half (i'm in the second half) have never felt like it made a difference at all. i've never actually put it on myself. the times i've worn the tape, a sports doctor had put it on. but maybe he didn't do it right? i really didn't think it made any difference.

i've never quite understood the tape. half of the people i know who use it SWEAR by it. the other half (i'm in the second half) have never felt like it made a difference at all. i've never actually put it on myself. the times i've worn the tape, a sports doctor had put it on. but maybe he didn't do it right? i really didn't think it made any difference.

We'll see how it works. I watched the video and while she was putting it on, I was thinking, DAMN I bet that feels good. I can't wait to at least try it. I'm glad I caught it early so that even if it only helps a little, I can augment it with stretching and ice.

I mean, a week before my trip to DC I could barely walk on my foot w/out serious pain. Was limping everywhere. Starting using that and had no problem strolling all around town that weekend. Was back running again that next week.

We'll see how it works. I watched the video and while she was putting it on, I was thinking, DAMN I bet that feels good. I can't wait to at least try it. I'm glad I caught it early so that even if it only helps a little, I can augment it with stretching and ice.

Yeah, it'll provide good support regardless methinks. Just make sure you get a good 50%+ stretch on the tape when you're putting it down through the middle.

You pretty much need full skin contact for it to properly work and I'm just not willing to shave my legs. My hide is 30+ years in the making.

You pretty much need full skin contact for it to properly work and I'm just not willing to shave my legs. My hide is 30+ years in the making.

Hmm, it stuck to my leg really well past my ankle, even with ridiculously hairy legs. but I guess most of the stretch/support was happening farther down around the ankle.

I would shave my leg in a heartbeat if it meant it worked, but I think I'm probably ok as its mostly on my ankle.

18 months? most training plans I've seen are like 18 weeks. I suppose you need to be at a certain level of fitness before that 18 weeks though. And it would depend on the end goal - completing the marathon or a more aggressive time goal.

Yeah it filled really fast last year. I want to run it too but need to start looking for an alternate because I'm probably not going to get in.

Oops...meant 18 weeks.

Do you wear the KT Tape while you run and workout? Do you retape each day?

I did, yes. Did not retape every day though. The first application lasted about 2 days, and the next two I did lasted around 5. If you're careful putting it on they stick forever.

Ran a very nice 5 mile tempo run last night in the hills. I stretched my ankle quite a bit before and after and then iced it immediately when I got home. It feels decent today. My KT tape is waiting for me when I got home, then I have an 8 mile easy run to see how it works.

I'm going to put two easy runs between workouts this week so that I can give it some rest and give the tape a chance to work.

Crosses fingers..

Back