• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The Official Wake/Duke Thread

Ph took a shot at Rusty that started this. Showing some respect for two of our former players isn't hard. Demand Bz be fired, but it isn't necessary drag Rusty and Chill into it.

Walt seems to be doing fine working for the YMCA and the Wake Forest Innovation Quarter.

Honestly, it will take a long time for them to get the shit smell of [Redacted] off. I consider their reputations tarnished. Just another victim of Premiere Wellman.

Yes, that is probably true.

But Skip is dead, so we can't/couldn't afford to think that way.

Then again... what good and established basketball coach would want to work UNDER Jeff [Redacted]? Holy shit.
He does have Battle which has been known as one of the best assistant coaches in the nation

Nobody has said that Corbean didn't get a raw deal.

I just said I didn't care that he got a raw deal.

Two players that brought Wake the only ACC basketball titles I've seen in my lifetime.

Simply said, you can demand a coaching change at Wake Forest and completely ignore the fact that Rusty and Chill are even on the staff. It requires no effort to do that.

No, it only requires being an absent minded clown.

Those two guys as players =/= those two guys as coaches. Fact.

He does have Battle which has been known as one of the best assistant coaches in the nation

Agreed. Coach Battle should be considered for damn Sainthood for what he has endured and managed to continue to accomplish for Wake Forest.

Two players that brought Wake the only ACC basketball titles I've seen in my lifetime.

Simply said, you can demand a coaching change at Wake Forest and completely ignore the fact that Rusty and Chill are even on the staff. It requires no effort to do that.

It seems like you care an awful lot about football recruiting. At the very least, it's next to impossible to ignore the fact that Rusty and Chill are on the staff when we're as miserable on the recruiting trail as we have been.

Look, I loved both of those guys at Wake and still have a ton of respect for Randolph Childress as a person and a professional. I hope they both, and Jeff Battle too, land softly and on their feet when [Redacted] resigns.

Why stick up for Battle? He's part of this staff as well.

Because he has a long established history of providing value to Wake Forest's men's basketball program as an assistant coach.

Do you chug liquified lead or something? How are you this obtuse?

I agree with this because I have no idea what kind of input they have. And after watching them joking together during a time out tonight while bz was being bz I have to question how connected they are to his failure.

Pro Humanitate was taught well to you, I see.

"For Humanity! .... as long as they happened to play basketball for Wake Forest. ...and as long as their teams happened to be successful when they played."

Man! Latin really could sum up some feelings with few words! Ahead of the times, those Romans.

Because he has a long established history of providing value to Wake Forest's men's basketball program as an assistant coach.

Do you chug liquified lead or something? How are you this obtuse?

Battle is supposed to be our ace recruiter yet he's failed to bring in the talent to compete in the ACC under Bz.

Battle is supposed to be our ace recruiter yet he's failed to bring in the talent to compete in the ACC under Bz.

While I find your criticism of Coach Battle here incredibly short-sighted, woefully ignorant, and completely comical given your stance on Rusty/Chill......

I want him to be let go with the rest of the staff at season's end. Clean break.

Pro Humanitate was taught well to you, I see.

"For Humanity! .... as long as they happened to play basketball for Wake Forest. ...and as long as their teams happened to be successful when they played."

Man! Latin really could sum up some feelings with few words! Ahead of the times, those Romans.

Is this supposed to make me feel bad or something?

Back