• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The Official Wake/Duke Thread

Well have you seen the product on the floor? We have no legit big after 4 years...

He cannot evaluate the talent needed to compete in the ACC...he just doesn't get it.

I know he can't recruit, but holy crap - if he can't evaluate talent, then this is, not even kidding, straight highway robbery.

How did this man get hired?

If we're crying a river over Rusty LaRue and Randolph Childress (both of whom are employed at the moment), then we should think about shedding at least a tear for Walt Corbean.

Jesus, dv7 is right - Pro Humanitate, indeed.

For the record, when Bz resigns at the end of the season, I am 100% for cleaning house.

The NBA scout has a hard time evaluating talent? I really have a hard time believing that... Of all of Buzz's faults, if he can't evaluate talent - can he literally do anything competently?

Pretty sure he was an advance scout, not a player scout. Regardless, I don't think his problem is evaluating talent as much as it is closing on talent. I know that's hard to believe given his magnetic personality.

Put Skip in place of Buzz with our assistants and it would be a different story and everybody who knows anything knows that

Yes. K has no problem with giving former players a seat on the bench. And he just rolls on.

For the record, when Bz resigns at the end of the season, I am 100% for cleaning house.

I really hope that Chill falls on his feet or Wellman gets him a spot somewhere in the AD, or something. Rusty, too, actually. Rusty, I worry, is going to end up closer to the position that Lobo is in if he doesn't play his cards right. His CV is objectively pretty bad.

Put Skip in place of Buzz with our assistants and it would be a different story and everybody who knows anything knows that

Yes, that is probably true.

But Skip is dead, so we can't/couldn't afford to think that way.

Then again... what good and established basketball coach would want to work UNDER Jeff [Redacted]? Holy shit.

He did. I'll eat some crow because I really don't think he's good. Undeniably a really good, frankly big game, though, from Madison.

Same here. I talked plenty of shit about him, but he's played really well since Codi got hurt.

Bz might've been overcome by emotion listening to Madison as Madison spoke right before Bz answered that final question. But someone was sniffing so I think Bz might have had a cold.

Nobody is crying a river over him, but he was fucked over. That is simply a fact.

But here you are, complaining about people objectively evaluating the current coaching staff. Well, at least the two on the staff that used to play at Wake.

Ph took a shot at Rusty that started this. Showing some respect for two of our former players isn't hard. Demand Bz be fired, but it isn't necessary drag Rusty and Chill into it.

Walt seems to be doing fine working for the YMCA and the Wake Forest Innovation Quarter.

Ok..so, per the usual, I didn't watch most of the game (because Wake Forest basketball just isn't worth it anymore). What happened to depth being our strength if we were one injury away from a guy having to play all 40 minutes?

Nobody is crying a river over him, but he was fucked over. That is simply a fact.

But here you are, complaining about people objectively evaluating the current coaching staff. Well, at least the two on the staff that used to play at Wake.

This is true. We were lucky to have Walt on the bench too, he's a good coach.

Ph took a shot at Rusty that started this. Showing some respect for two of our former players isn't hard. Demand Bz be fired, but it isn't necessary drag Rusty and Chill into it.

Walt seems to be doing fine working for the YMCA and the Wake Forest Innovation Quarter.

I think everybody would show respect to our former players. They're assistant coaches on one of the worst Wake teams in history. They should be fired. It shouldn't have to be a demand.

If KVegas is right, and there's no reason to believe that he's not, then I just hope that Buzz's incompetence hasn't played them out of a solid spot on another staff in the future. More than shielding them from pretty legit criticism, I think that's a more pressing concern if you're worried about them...

I'm still waiting on this one... So no one-and-dones except the guys we are recruiting (and have offered) who look like they may be one-and-dones.

Bzz and Co. aren't "recruiting" one and dones, all they've done is offer scholarships to players they have zero chance of landing.

Sent from my C6606 using Tapatalk

Yeah, I'm well aware of what Coach Corbean is doing these days, but that doesn't mean he wasn't shit on by Wake Forest. Because he was, mainly via Ron Wellman's arrogant asshole.

And what was the shot at Rusty? That he wasn't a proven coach at the D-1 level? If so, and if he is out of a job come May, maybe he will be doing just fine working for the YMCA and the Wake Forest Innovation Quarter.

It seems your only loyalty is towards the two guys that happened to play basketball for Wake in the early to mid-1990s. That isn't very Pro Humanitate.

I think everybody would show respect to our former players. They're assistant coaches on one of the worst Wake teams in history. They should be fired. It shouldn't have to be a demand.

If KVegas is right, and there's no reason to believe that he's not, then I just hope that Buzz's incompetence hasn't played them out of a solid spot on another staff in the future. More than shielding them from pretty legit criticism, I think that's a more pressing concern if you're worried about them...

I doubt Rusty would have left FCD to work under Bz. The guy has built a life on his name and reputation, especially in this area, so he wouldn't have willingly added this tragedy to his CV.

I do know Battle, Chill, and Larue are working their asses off to try and right the ship for the sake of their professional reputations. They know what's coming in a month or so.

Yeah, I'm well aware of what Coach Corbean is doing these days, but that doesn't mean he wasn't shit on by Wake Forest. Because he was, mainly via Ron Wellman's arrogant asshole.

And what was the shot at Rusty? That he wasn't a proven coach at the D-1 level? If so, and if he is out of a job come May, maybe he will be doing just fine working for the YMCA and the Wake Forest Innovation Quarter.

It seems your only loyalty is towards the two guys that happened to play basketball for Wake in the early to mid-1990s. That isn't very Pro Humanitate.

Corbean was treated poorly...that is 100% true...and 100% Wellman.

Two players that brought Wake the only ACC basketball titles I've seen in my lifetime.

Simply said, you can demand a coaching change at Wake Forest and completely ignore the fact that Rusty and Chill are even on the staff. It requires no effort to do that.

Back