• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The Pit Hip-Hop thread

holy shit danny got kendrick and earl on a track together

earl fucking showed up too

The Sun's Tirade is my favorite hip-hop album of the year - no question

Really good anthropological account of drill rap and violence in Chicago: http://www.chicagomag.com/Chicago-Magazine/October-2016/Chicago-Gangs/

I once asked him why he projects such a violent persona in the videos. He flipped the question back on me: “If I wasn’t doing this, would you even be down here in the low incomes? Would you even care that I exist?”

He was right. As one of the other CBE rappers would always say, “You know, white people, Mexicans, bitches, those people don’t live the life, but they love hearing about it. People want the Chiraq stuff. They want a superthug ghetto man, and I’m giving that to them. I’m just playing my role.”

Tribe Called Quest new album out on 11/11. This may be the first album I've purchased since 1998.

Somebody tell me if the Common album is good because he's usually a pretty boring rapper.

Back