• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The Pit Parenting Thread

Cacophony

kəˈkäfənē/

noun

8.5 year old
7 year old
4.5 month old
1 year old pit mix
15 year old 20lb loud-ass cat
2 parakeets

What is up my fellow wake aficionado raisers of little stinks? I come seeking advice. My special lady and I will soon be in the market for a new auto mobeelle (long duck dong voice). She has roundly rejected my pleas for a mini van. I am soundly on the record as pro minivan, because it's like owning a limo and she can drive while I chill in the back and play with my dude and watch tv and enjoy a beverage and such. But alas my muse does not share the same affection and for now proclaims to prefer a (gasp) SUV. So, if we are to indulge that fantasy, I would like to know if any of you have a SUV that you are particularly fond of or not so fond of. I have no idea about such matters. Off the top of my head I would think reasonable Cadillac, Toyota, Honda pilot, ford explorer and the like are all options. An olderCanadian fellow that has owned 18 Cadillacs just told me the ford explorer is nicer which blew my mind. So what is good for dragging around a little stink rat and maybe two one day? Thank you all in advance, and may you have a good nights sleep and/or sexytimes whichever you are lacking most. Good day!

A good friend's wife has/loves her Toyota Highlander, which serves as the primary vehicle for toting around the whole family (2 kids).
We just got a Subaru Forester and love it (no kids).

My lady is anti-minivan too. Then we rented one for a trip from Chicago to NC and back, and she fell in love with it. We have 3 little stinkers and we took the dog too. It was the Chrysler whatever minivan. It had all the amenities. Maybe if you rent her one to try out then she will go for it.

Have a Toyota Highlander Hybrid. Bought it used a few years ago and still love it. They recently redesigned it to be a little larger and more mini van like. Have not looked at it yet but take a look.

A good friend's wife has/loves her Toyota Highlander, which serves as the primary vehicle for toting around the whole family (2 kids).

Have each of those and like both.

I have the highlander but no kids. All the mothers rave about how wonderful it is. The salesman when we were test driving it initially tried to show me how easy it was to put a baby seat in. Contrary to the rumor my accidentally mother started today, we aren't pregnant and don't have kids so I have no use for it. I will say the dog rides in a crate and the highlander is ideal for that.

Get a Suburban. Minivans and Japanese SUVs are for beta sucks.

only the cartels drive suburbans here I could probably pull it off but that one time that they don't notice my wake sticker and I get confused for el GUAPO from down the block just ain't worth the risk holmes. Rarely happens on queens road west thougj

We are big fans of our Hyundai Santa Fe (granted I think it's technically a Crossover). And they come with a third row of seating (so you could almost have your dream of a minivan. Next car I get will be a minivan 100%.

We are also shopping for a new car, but only have one kiddo now and he's tiny. Just need somethfing my wife can fit more baby stuff in. Mostly looking at the GLK350 and RX350 (used for each obviously)

Last edited:
We did rent a minivan on vacation last year. They were out of SUV's when we got to Boston. The kids loved it. It was one of those Chrysler Town & Countrys. Drove pretty good. Had all the up to date bells and whistles. Uber ugly.

we'll be in the market for a kid car probably next year. wife wants a small SUV (and is vehemently anti minivan). looking at a Forester I think. maybe an Outback. the Mazda CX5 is supposed to be good but I understand they have reliability issues.

Thanks leebs I love my Toyota Tacoma so I dig the brand

If you like the Tacoma, just go with the full-size 4-door pickup, that's what we use as our family car over my wife's SUV. Not sure about the Tundra, but my Ram 1500 averages 24mpg and is bigger inside than most SUVs. I have a tri-fold waterproof hard tonneau cover on the bed to keep the kids stuff (or suitcases or groceries or whatever) dry, and it doubles as an outdoor playpen for the kids when we are waiting in parking lots or other locations, and you can throw dirty diapers back there and not stink up the rest of the car. Plus, they love climbing all over it. SUVs are for women and minivans are for ugly women. It is still posisble to be a father and keep your balls.

We did rent a minivan on vacation last year. They were out of SUV's when we got to Boston. The kids loved it. It was one of those Chrysler Town & Countrys. Drove pretty good. Had all the up to date bells and whistles. Uber ugly.

minivans are for beta sucks, but alpha tough guys say 'uber?' :rulz:

Pick-up trucks are for construction workers and rednecks. If you want your stuff to stay dry, buy a car with a top on it, not an aftermarket cover that you have to put on and take off.

Back