• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The Pit Parenting Thread

Oh man, had the double whammy last night where Boy drank an entire glass of milk and ate a BLT, then proceeded to barf it all over the carpet. Then, not 5 minutes after I'd finished cleaning that up (which, let me tell you, was a bitch), Girl finished her bottle then started crying, so I picked her up and she proceeded to puke the entire contents of her stomach all over my chest and neck. My shirt was soaked through like I'd just jumped in a swimming pool. The feeling of her puke cascading all over me for several seconds felt like when you go get your hair cut and they wash your hair with warm water from the hand sprayer. The liquid was that level of heat and force. I handed her to Wife and just immediately walked into the shower wearing all those soaked clothes and just stood there under the water for a while to rinse off. Gross.

when my current 8 year old was a baby, he must have puked on me 10 different times. The worst was when he did it on top of my head (I was laying on couch and he was climbing on me) and when he projectile vomited right in my face. Ugh. Whenever he gets a little big for his britches now, I remind him on those days

ha, I have you all beat, after just a year of waking every 2-3 hours, S slept from 8-5, ate and then til 6:30. And E took just 3.75 short years to get to sleeping consistently from 9:30 to 5 or 6 when I tell him he can't get up and he sleeps until a glorious 7AM

My condolences, chic. My oldest didn't sleep through the night until 9 months old and I thought that was hell.

Youngest two have been champs though, going 8-5 starting at around two months.

Kids are weirdos.

I am just hoping that this third kid freaking sleeps. These other 2 are slowly driving me insane. Though S at least goes to sleep super easily. It's bedtime, I lay him down awake, he goes to sleep. It's just staying asleep he has never done well. E has never done either well (to the point that I think I call the pediatrician and ask about melatonin monthly-she always has another solution that will work for a little while, and he does seem to have gotten the hang of it lately)

Man, I am so terrified of what #2 will be like (whenever that happens). #1 has been relatively easy (as babies go...from what I've heard).

Shes 23 months now, but has been a pretty solid sleeper for a while (once we weened off night feeds). Bedtime routine starting at 7ish, in bed around 7:30, sometimes kicks around for a bit and chats to herself, but asleep some time between 7:30 and 8. Wakes up and starts talking to herself between 5:45-6:30 (recently it's been hovering around the earlier end), but we usually wait to go get her up til 6ish.

David was doing so well. I don't get it.

Here is another thing that freaks me out. When he naps during the day, he is on his stomach. Mrs. WnB is there so she can check on him so no SIDS worry. I've noticed this on the weekends though. When he wakes up most of the time he has scooted himself up against the rails of the crib, so his head is up against it. I was told the little bumper thing was a no go cause of SIDS, so now his little head is up against the railing. Mrs. WnB doesnt get concerned. But I worry about his fontanelle.

Here is another thing that freaks me out. When he naps during the day, he is on his stomach. Mrs. WnB is there so she can check on him so no SIDS worry. I've noticed this on the weekends though. When he wakes up most of the time he has scooted himself up against the rails of the crib, so his head is up against it. I was told the little bumper thing was a no go cause of SIDS, so now his little head is up against the railing. Mrs. WnB doesnt get concerned. But I worry about his fontanelle.

He'll be ok but if you are really concerned, they make breathable bumpers.

He'll be ok but if you are really concerned, they make breathable bumpers.

ok thanks. Here's a pic because I can't resist, im smitten.

iqk08l.jpg
[/IMG]

The sides of our bassinet are like magnets that attract our two week old. Every time I check on her, she's rolled herself right up to them. At least the sides are made of half mesh and half sheer nylon so I'm pretty sure she won't choke. Pretty sure.

Squirrel usually wakes up 2x but he goes to bed at 7:30 and gets up at 8 or 9 if we don't have to wake him up for something.

We have a mesh bumper because he kept getting his legs stuck through the slats and waking up.

Back