• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The Pit Parenting Thread

Might be about to sign E up for teeball. And so it begins...

My boy said he had to go potty (which means pee in our house). We are trying to get him used to going by himself bc school starts back in a few weeks. So apparantly, he actual decided to drop a duece as well. He did not get a good wipe and ran back in without pants and jumped on our bed. Time to wash the sheets.

Man. I feel like I've gotten off easy especially for having two boys. My three year old is fully potty trained now. It's an amazing thing. "I have to go poopy" used to mean all hands on deck. Now it's just "ok, let me know if you need help" and making sure he doesn't flush all the tissue or wipes down the toilet.

Man. I feel like I've gotten off easy especially for having two boys. My three year old is fully potty trained now. It's an amazing thing. "I have to go poopy" used to mean all hands on deck. Now it's just "ok, let me know if you need help" and making sure he doesn't flush all the tissue or wipes down the toilet.

E potty trained super easily. I am afraid that means we'll have a time with S or NB.

I think younger siblings do it quicker because they see it more often. My oldest took a long time to deuce. His first one was actually in the bathroom while visiting the little one for the first time at the hospital.

Worst part of the piss down the vent is he must have done so the morning of the day we left for a week's vacation, so it had an entire week to marinate. Seriously, I have no idea what to do about this. Cleaned that fucker pretty good with various cleaning products and it still stinks. Boys suck. I don't feel like this is something I have to worry about with the Girl.

Seriously, man. That's the funniest kid story I've ever heard. I hope you can sell the movie rights or something to make up for the complete pain in the ass it is.

Might be about to sign E up for teeball. And so it begins...

Just signed up the Boy for soccer. We had the option of soccer or teeball, and while I love baseball and don't care at all about soccer, I figured teeball may be better in a couple more years. I have a hard time picturing a just-turned-4-year-old playing teeball. Seems like a lot of standing around. I assume in soccer they'll just be running around in a swarm around the ball, so at least they'll be burning energy. Anyway, all this is just treading water until the Boy can begin training for MMA.

Just signed up the Boy for soccer. We had the option of soccer or teeball, and while I love baseball and don't care at all about soccer, I figured teeball may be better in a couple more years. I have a hard time picturing a just-turned-4-year-old playing teeball. Seems like a lot of standing around. I assume in soccer they'll just be running around in a swarm around the ball, so at least they'll be burning energy. Anyway, all this is just treading water until the Boy can begin training for MMA.

yeah, and E doesn't like waiting his turn, so I am not sure t ball is the best choice, but a few of his friends are playing and he did ask to play baseball this time. We'll see tonight if he really wants to.

If he asked to play teeball, seems like that's the biggest thing and I would run with it. I definitely want my kids to at least try out a bunch of different sports while they're young.

Worst part of the piss down the vent is he must have done so the morning of the day we left for a week's vacation, so it had an entire week to marinate. Seriously, I have no idea what to do about this. Cleaned that fucker pretty good with various cleaning products and it still stinks. Boys suck. I don't feel like this is something I have to worry about with the Girl.

please share all parenting thoughts as much as possible on these boards

If he asked to play teeball, seems like that's the biggest thing and I would run with it. I definitely want my kids to at least try out a bunch of different sports while they're young.

well, he asked to play it because during his nightly "can I watch sports while I have snack?" time, his dad put on little league, so as highly suggestible as he is (being 4), he may not be into it today.

Our boy got clawed in the face at daycare today =(

t-rex-fight.jpg

Our boy got clawed in the face at daycare today =(

You have two options.

Option 1- The old way where you teach him to fight and survive
Option 2- The millennial way where even though they are a baby you baby them, probably call all parties involved, write up an online complaint, write about it to some mommy blog, go an observe daycare for the day etc...

Toting an assholeish two year old to his sister's kindergarten open house is worse. Omg that was awful.

Back