• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The Pit Parenting Thread

We are 4 weeks in w/ 2nd daughter and, yes, it feels like we have never done this before. It's not even that she's different (she is), it's just that I have forgotten everything from 2 years ago.

It's tough to have forgotten everything at the baby stage, but it's nice for the developmental stages to be fresh and new.

13442387_1142282089125497_5409609715864243286_n.jpg

Those are some cute kids, man. Well done.

My little trouper last week. i was on full time duty in Santa Fe while ITCwife was at a work-conference

g41qYZy.jpg

This might belong on the unpopular opinion thread, but any mother who refers to her peers as mamas or mommies, or to herself as "this mama" or similar, should never be taken seriously for anything. STFU, have some self-respect, and stop talking like a 3 year old.

ladydeac, did you actually receive that email?!
that woman sounds miserable/judgmental AF (even though she says "no judgment").

Ha, no. There's a satirical FB group called "Sanctimommies" that posts stuff like this (generally I think it's sourced from real people but the group itself is poking fun)

agree. if you have to say "no judgement" you are probably being judgmental. if a person needs to point out how smart, attractive, funny etc they are then they probably aren't.

Sad part is, I think I actually know a few moms who could join her little "like-minded" group.

oh, no doubt there are all kinds of groups like this in portland... but if (in the distant future when i maybe procreate) I ever were to receive something like that, the person who sent it would likely get a long-ass email back from me explaining why they're an idiot.

oh, no doubt there are all kinds of groups like this in portland... but if (in the distant future when i maybe procreate) I ever were to receive something like that, the person who sent it would likely get a long-ass email back from me explaining why they're an idiot.

That's so sanctomom.

Back