• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The Pit Parenting Thread

If you're looking for something fun today, I highly recommend finding a store that's open and getting Bunch O' Balloons.

We see this ad all the time on kids' TV channels. It worked even better than we thought. The balloons drop off effortlessly. 100 balloons don't last that long but the remaining mini-hoses make a nice hose attachment.

We blew through 3 of those in about 10 minutes a couple days ago. Bought another package of 3 for today.

Yep. Ran through almost two packs today. Apparently they're $5 on Amazon. They're $7.50 or so at Walmart.

My wife got them for $5. I'm seeing 3 packs for $16.95.

Birdie has started sleepwalking some. She's always been a weird sleeper with night terrors for 3 years but the walking is new. Last night I heard some noise as I was going to sleep and walked in and she was crouching on top of her dresser like a gargoyle talking about needing to finish braiding her hair.

Birdie has started sleepwalking some. She's always been a weird sleeper with night terrors for 3 years but the walking is new. Last night I heard some noise as I was going to sleep and walked in and she was crouching on top of her dresser like a gargoyle talking about needing to finish braiding her hair.

Make sure that the dresser and other furniture are set up so that they can't fall over on her.

I'll fast forward 10 years...Middle school son's really good friend is dealing with a bad parent split. Dad lives in CH, mom in Raleigh. Kid was going to school here in CH but court order forced him to go to school in Raleigh. Kid dealt with it by not telling anyone and just completely cutting all ties to his friends here. My son is just confused by it all and hurt. Fun times!

Tonight, I wore a Heisenberg t-shirt that the Squirrel kept pointing at, declaring "Deacon!"

I do guess they both pedal pain.

Stomach bugs in kids are the freaking worst. He's so pitiful and it's so hard to explain.

I am so not ready for E to start Kindergarten on the one hand, but on the other hand, that daycare $.

Yeah, Bugster starts PK3 on the 25th. Seems so young but...FREEEEEEEE

Here it's not free until K unless you qualify for public Pre-k (so far none of mine do/will, which is a blessing, but still...) So yes, definitely celebrate that ish.

Back