• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The Pit Parenting Thread

15578702_1201072409969790_140955327955480878_n.jpg

Let me rephrase - how do y'all feel about giving out your babysitter's info to your friends? Like, your friend asks if your sitter is available to watch their kid?

I would unless the babysitter is usually there because I'm out with those friends.

What's wrong with that?

I would unless the babysitter is usually there because I'm out with those friends.

Yeah, this. We mostly use the sitter to go out with the friends asking for her info. Wife was cold-blooded and lied to her friend saying the sitter is out of town this weekend because she doesn't want to give up the sitter.

Just curious as to what others do.

Let me rephrase - how do y'all feel about giving out your babysitter's info to your friends? Like, your friend asks if your sitter is available to watch their kid?

What's wrong with that?

Rookie mistakes. Guard that shit like Clawson with his playbook. There are no friendships when it comes to babysitters, and if there are then those friendships will soon end in a fit of jealous female rage. I've seen several friendships end because of babysitter interference (luckily not involving ours, as we keep ours ducked and covered like she was driving through ISIS territory).

Um, interesting. I guess most of our friends don't have kids yet so this isn't an issue yet. I did get our baby sitters info from a work colleague so was quick to ask her about tonight because I have a work party.

We acquired our current babysitter via a close friend of my wife....but only after said friend moved out of the country.

Wow evidently I am a big time noob in this area. I guess I'm also really lucky that I just moved into a neighborhood with several high school age girls that have already expressed interest in babysitting my kid.

Wow evidently I am a big time noob in this area. I guess I'm also really lucky that I just moved into a neighborhood with several high school age girls

This is what I saw in the Tapatalk preview. I was going to get a Chris Hansen pic ready.

Yeah I knew I was treading lightly there so I tried to phrase very carefully.

Any recommendations for a children's encyclopedia set? My in-laws bought a set my oldest really likes, but it's really old. Like lists the World Trade Center as one of the world's tallest buildings old. Like refers to the Soviet Union.

Started potty training w/ 2.5yo daughter over the weekend because she has 2 weeks off from "school." Aside from two initial accidents on Saturday morning, she's been amazingly good with it. Had a poop accident yesterday when my wife took her to a friend's house to play... But that was her first real "road game" since losing the diaper.

Seeing as it has been almost a week now, how soon should I feel comfortable about taking her out in public (mall / movies / etc)? Since we started talking about potty training, I have been dreading taking her into nasty men's rooms... But I guess that is unavoidable. Any hot tips?

Both my girls basically potty trained themselves at about a year and a half. My son took almost 3 years.
I remember looking out the kitchen window when he was outside with his dog and dropped his pants and did a deuce in the yard. He was about 3 and 1/2.

E potty trained at around 2.5, S is 2.75 and showing absolutely zero interest in it. I figure we're dealing with diapers for P anyway so we aren't in a rush but I feel like we're going to have to push it soon. Though from what I recall, it's way easier to do diapers than to deal with accidents, spending the whole dinner going back and forth to the bathroom, etc.

Chic: just saw a new medical study on Channel 9 news from Charlotte and thought of you. New recommendations were released today for toddlers under 2 with ear infections. The recommendations lengthened the number is days of antibiotics to a minimum of 10 days. They said that doctors aren't giving antibiotics for long enough to address ear infections.

Back