• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The Pit Parenting Thread

No experience - just popping in to wish you the best!!

We're a few steps behind you. Wife just went on Clomid and is on her second cycle. Dr. said they'll up the dose a few times if needed.

We're a few steps behind you. Wife just went on Clomid and is on her second cycle. Dr. said they'll up the dose a few times if needed.

Good luck :) Clomid worked well for me but the hot flashes as a side effect were TERRIBLE. I also did Femera which I think a lot of docs prefer now but had better results with the Clomid. Fingers crossed for you guys!

Good luck to all! The Bug was conceived during the second month of trying Clomid. Coming off the pill for so many years my cycle was all sort of out of whack.

I feel like it's said all the time, but it's amazing how hard it can be trying to have a kid - and annoying to think how scared you were trying to avoid it for so many years before that.

yeah definitely a lot of #nervous as a teen/college student/young 20-something if any semen got anywhere near the V

It really does make me laugh when I think back on how we thought we had some scares before we were ready - if only we knew sooner and could have reckless sex like all the time!

Also a word of advice if you have friends going through this....avoid the "it will happen when you least expect it" comment at all costs. Please just don't say that ever.

My best friend since we were babies just broke the news to me yesterday that she's expecting after a year and a half of trying and a few rounds of clomid. we both cried when she told me, since she and her hubby are both only children I'm getting "official aunt" privileges.

here's hoping the baby-having vibes continue for you guys!

ETA: It's just crazy how prevalent fertility problems are these days though- seems like more often than not the couples I know have some sort of trouble.

wife definitely takes it very hard that she's the one where the supposed problem lies. according to her doc, my guys swim very well and said I should be very proud of myself. but it's tough watching her take it so hard on herself.

wife definitely takes it very hard that she's the one where the supposed problem lies. according to her doc, my guys swim very well and said I should be very proud of myself. but it's tough watching her take it so hard on herself.

Oh man - the emotions that come along with this are just crazy - I don't have any advice for you there but just hold on and be as supportive as possible. After the first year I just stopped going anywhere and seeing any friends because I was so bummed all the time and all of the treatments were ruling my life. This past year we took some months off here and there and I've just been trying to give myself some grace and have a good time. I had a miscarriage after getting pregnant with our second IUI and I blamed myself a lot for that but really it happens so often (the rates now are up to nearly 50%) and most people don't even realize it because it's so early on. You want to be happy for all the people getting pregnant around you but there is definitely some weird resentment that is inevitable.

At this point I just don't know how people get pregnant on accident, your window of opportunity is less than 24 hours in some cases so it blows my mind!

yeah, it's definitely difficult when basically all our friends and acquaintances appear to be getting pregnant right now. hopefully we can join that club next year. I blame 2016.

Oh man - the emotions that come along with this are just crazy - I don't have any advice for you there but just hold on and be as supportive as possible. After the first year I just stopped going anywhere and seeing any friends because I was so bummed all the time and all of the treatments were ruling my life. This past year we took some months off here and there and I've just been trying to give myself some grace and have a good time. I had a miscarriage after getting pregnant with our second IUI and I blamed myself a lot for that but really it happens so often (the rates now are up to nearly 50%) and most people don't even realize it because it's so early on. You want to be happy for all the people getting pregnant around you but there is definitely some weird resentment that is inevitable.

At this point I just don't know how people get pregnant on accident, your window of opportunity is less than 24 hours in some cases so it blows my mind!

I just want to say I love you. And that I will keep the good juju headed in your direction.

I know a few people where IVF has worked and I don't know any where it hasn't worked (as far as I know) so it's my very unprofessional opinion that it will work for you too

My brother and sister in law had twins via IVF that are now 4 and a third who is 2 via an oops we didn't think we could get pregnant. They are definitely a little overwhelmed with that many kids so be careful if you have more than one implanted!

It definitely took us much longer to get pregnant than I originally anticipated. My only advice it to stay far far away from all the pregnancy message boards because they are filled with crazies and loads of people saying yay I'm pregnant the first month we tried!

All the good baby making juju to everyone trying!

we had a miscarriage and know all about the no bueno times. Hang in there. A good dude told me, back then, that his good friend went through the same stuff and then had kids, and that will happen before you know it. Then found more peep dealing as we shared with a few peep and realized how many people deal with it and you really don't even know until it happens to you. cray. Why you can't judge on folks too much that you don't know real well, unless they don't tip good or something cray like that. fella!

Last edited:
Back