• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The Pit Parenting Thread

we had a miscarriage and know all about the no bueno times. Hang in there. A good dude told me, back then, that his good friend went through the same stuff and then had kids, and that will happen before you know it. Then found more peep dealing as we shared with a few peep and realized how many people deal with it and you really don't even know until it happens to you. cray. Why you can't judge on folks too much that you don't know real well, unless they don't tip good or something cray like that. fella!

There's so much truth to this statement, and basically with regard to any hardship. It's an odd aspect of our culture (and I think many western cultures) that we are so conditioned to NOT talk intimately about these negative things (miscarriages, infertility, mental health issues, etc.), when really it's in dealing with them that you most need a community of people who understand.

We also had a miscarriage and suddenly discovered a world of support and similar stories.

Took us another year and it wasn't "easy."

We also had a miscarriage and suddenly discovered a world of support and similar stories.

Took us another year and it wasn't "easy."

Amen to this. It took us us close to 3 years to finally have a kid. Couldn't deal with that a 2nd time so we adopted for round 2. best decision we ever made.

thanks guys - So many people go through this stuff and don't talk about it (unless you read the crazy baby boards). Lots of baby juju for 2017.

Good luck to all! The Bug was conceived during the second month of trying Clomid. Coming off the pill for so many years my cycle was all sort of out of whack.

I feel like it's said all the time, but it's amazing how hard it can be trying to have a kid - and annoying to think how scared you were trying to avoid it for so many years before that.

Flip side is true as well though. I hit the back of the net on literally the first shot without the goalie ... twice. Very glad we weren't more cavalier about it before we were ready.

My son made my day, twice, this morning.

I was changing him out of his pajamas and he says, "I'm naked!" Then he proceeds to repeatedly exclaim "ding-dong" while pushing his belly button. Finally, he asks his fully clothed father, "Where's Daddy's dong?"

Then, as I'm putting him in the car, he says he wants to hear the 'Rah-rah' song. So, I sing the Fight Song and he adds in the timely "Go Deacs!" chants. When it's over, he says "I like that song." You and me both, buddy.

We did the IVF. First time was at CMC, no likey the doctor, no baby. Second time was at REACH, had baby via IVF, then another one 18 months later with just a few shots. Incidentally, we ran into friends from W-S at REACH in Charlotte.

So we picked out the crib and dresser and stuff and I was actually excited about it. This is weird.

I'm sure this has been addressed somewhere in the thread, but advice on car seats (and strollers that go with them I guess?). Chicco? Britax? Grecco? Doesn't necessarily need to be top of the line, but we are willing to spend more if it means more convenience/ease of use.

We've been happy with every Britax product we've bought.

I wouldn't spend the money on BOB or Maclaren strollers but youdoyou.

I'm sure this has been addressed somewhere in the thread, but advice on car seats (and strollers that go with them I guess?). Chicco? Britax? Grecco? Doesn't necessarily need to be top of the line, but we are willing to spend more if it means more convenience/ease of use.

We splurged for an Uppa-Baby stroller and got an adapter for our car seat. I'm pretty sure they've got adapters for all the major brands. The stroller was $$$$ but I'm glad we got a nice one - it's held up well to the use, about 12 flights where it was gate checked, etc.

Don't get a cheap ass stroller. People at Disney World will judge you.

We had multiple strollers. BOB jog stroller for runs. Double BOB jog stroller when we had another kid. Bugaboo for every day shit. Maclaren for travel.

Back