• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The Pit Parenting Thread

*Parents discussing dinner plans*

Squirrel interjects: "I want meat! I love meat. Meat makes me feel better."

Vegetarianism outlook: doubtful.

*Parents discussing dinner plans*

Squirrel interjects: "I want meat! I love meat. Meat makes me feel better."

Vegetarianism outlook: doubtful.

oh man, PM's daughter loooooooooooooves animals. we don't cook a lot of meat as it is, but some day I'm pretty sure it's all going to click and she's going to claim vegetarianism. maybe. homegirl can house some teriyaki chicken.

Yikes. ITCbaby went through a "bite and the laugh at mommy's yelp" phase for about a month

We finally found a kindergarten for the girl. We entered her in three different lotteries, lost all three. We toured three other elementary schools and finally found one that we absolutely loved. As part of the admission process, the girl had to spent half a day in their pre-k class. When we got there, the principal was outside greeting all the kids by name as they walked in and greeted our daughter by name without a prompt from us. As we walked in the door, there was a big dry erase board that said "Welcome to xxx Girl" which made her really happy. When we picked her up, she was super excited and they gave her a bear with a shirt from the school on it.

The only downside is it's a private school and I feel like a tool for sending her there. But she loved it and I think it is a really good fit for her. Also, I don't get the vibe from that place that it's full of snotty rich people.

Easy for me to say but hard to find a better place to spend your money than on advancing your kids.

We finally found a kindergarten for the girl. We entered her in three different lotteries, lost all three. We toured three other elementary schools and finally found one that we absolutely loved. As part of the admission process, the girl had to spent half a day in their pre-k class. When we got there, the principal was outside greeting all the kids by name as they walked in and greeted our daughter by name without a prompt from us. As we walked in the door, there was a big dry erase board that said "Welcome to xxx Girl" which made her really happy. When we picked her up, she was super excited and they gave her a bear with a shirt from the school on it.

The only downside is it's a private school and I feel like a tool for sending her there. But she loved it and I think it is a really good fit for her. Also, I don't get the vibe from that place that it's full of snotty rich people.

"Welcome to xxx Girl" sounds like a welcome a young lady might receive at a different sort of establishment.

We survived hosting a birthday party for our 2 year old today. Renting a shelter at the playground for a toddler party was a fantastic idea by my wife. However Daddy is tired now.

"Welcome to xxx Girl" sounds like a welcome a young lady might receive at a different sort of establishment.

We survived hosting a birthday party for our 2 year old today. Renting a shelter at the playground for a toddler party was a fantastic idea by my wife. However Daddy is tired now.

PM's kids just went to bed. I'm considering following suit. It's 8:25... no shame.

Easy for me to say but hard to find a better place to spend your money than on advancing your kids.

That was kind of our thought as well. It's not much more than what we're paying for daycare now so it's not a huge budget shock.

One week in and we are finally up to sleeping in 3 hour blocks. The newfound rest at night is glorious.

I'm heading back to work tomorrow and Wednesday before I start my 12 week paternity leave. I'm not looking forward to tomorrow at all. Luckily the MIL is taking off and coming to spend the day with MrsTSY.

Yeah, I've got plenty of time built up so I'm using FMLA. Since the Mrs. hasn't been in her jorb for a year, she's not eligible for FMLA. She'll end up taking a couple weeks, then will work from home until she's able to go back to work.

One week in and we are finally up to sleeping in 3 hour blocks. The newfound rest at night is glorious.

I'm heading back to work tomorrow and Wednesday before I start my 12 week paternity leave. I'm not looking forward to tomorrow at all. Luckily the MIL is taking off and coming to spend the day with MrsTSY.

That's awesome. I'm taking next semester off...but I still have four weeks left in this one. Last week was brutal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was the first person to take advantage of the new parental leave policy at my university. The semester off and stopped tenure clock was huge.

Back