• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The Pit Parenting Thread

The allergy test was not bad, though it was limited to nuts. The only allergies were to cashews and black walnuts. PBJs are back on the menu, thankfully.

I appreciate all the input, even from palmabro.

So, at what age did everyone move their kid from a crib to a toddler bed? ITCtoddler climbed/fell out of her crib last night and she's probably tall/dexterous enough to do it again even on the lowest setting

So, at what age did everyone move their kid from a crib to a toddler bed? ITCtoddler climbed/fell out of her crib last night and she's probably tall/dexterous enough to do it again even on the lowest setting

The Bug was thankfully never adventurous enough to climb out of her crib. But we switched her to a toddler bed right around the time that we started potty training (even though we didn't really do night training at the same time). So I think she was roughly 2.5 years old. Then she was in a toddler bed for maybe 4-5 months before moving to a bottom bunk bed in her new bedroom (to reclaim the crib for #2).

Maybe 20 months, I probably posted about it on here. We started with weekend naps there and then transitioned full time with no real issues. Now she's like 26 months and prefers to fall asleep on her floor next to the door before we move her to the bed later once she's asleep. Go figure.

We moved her as we needed the crib for new baby, but it's still in pieces as we have not yet moved 5 month old new baby out of our room. Also go figure.

Been in Toronto for a few days with the family. It's been pretty great. Kids have had a blast. (5 and almost 8).

We did a trip to Salt Lake City with our 8 and 5 year old. I had a conference and my wife took them to museums. We had a few problems but all and all it went well. It was our first big trip to a place we didn't already have plenty of family (NC or Chicago).

Didn't do Park City. I honestly didn't realize how close it was until I ran into somebody I knew outside the conference hotel and she and her colleagues were taking a Uber to Park City for dinner.

We went up to Snowbird Ski Resort for their summer activities and Antelope Island State Park. My wife took the kids to Thanksgiving Point. We definitely plan on going back when there is more snow on the ground. We had never been before and we loved it. It's got an interesting vibe. Half Mormon, half hippie counter culture and a lot of homeless people.

Just turned 3 and haven't switched from crib yet because he's never tried to climb out. In prep for #2 I think we'll take the one side off soon and then get a twin bed over the next few months.

Congrats buckets and congrats again awar (and httd)!

As for beds, we switched them at around 2 but not because either of them climbed out, more because we were potty training with E and we needed the crib with S. I don't know if we will switch P soon or if since we'll have to find the conversion kit we will be lazy and wait.

Our two are 17 months apart. When #2 was near to arriving, we put a twin box spring and mattress directly onto the floor, sans bed frame, and told him in congratulatory fashion that this was his new "big boy" room and bed. He happily crawled up and took possession of the new space and seemed to really like that he could get in/out of bed at his own discretion. Fun times.

huzzah! congrats to all on all the new offspring!

Half Mormon, half hippie counter culture and a lot of homeless people.

Nailed it. I was really surprised at the amount of homeless kids in SLC, reminded me of PacNW except I'd imagine there aren't as many drugs in SLC but I hear there's a lotta meth and such in them there hills. Dig the hippies and ski/outdoor bums. Don't forget the p rich and p super rich fellas. Lotta those too, in the hills.

Back