• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The Pit Parenting Thread

Sup parents? So we got a somewhat alarming email from daycare that they received a phone call from someone asking “disturbing questions” which led them to put the school on lockdown and call the police. They said they’ll be on “light lockdown” tomorrow (no outside activities, only parents and staff allowed in). Do we freak out? I guess technically tomorrow is probably the SAFEST day with heightened security, but that doesn’t exactly make me feel calm about sending them to school... Is this more common than we think?

Mine is 15 months now and she's doing all kinds of cool stuff. Definitely my favorite age so far.

Sup parents? So we got a somewhat alarming email from daycare that they received a phone call from someone asking “disturbing questions” which led them to put the school on lockdown and call the police. They said they’ll be on “light lockdown” tomorrow (no outside activities, only parents and staff allowed in). Do we freak out? I guess technically tomorrow is probably the SAFEST day with heightened security, but that doesn’t exactly make me feel calm about sending them to school... Is this more common than we think?

I definitely don't think it's common, but I also think they're handling it as well as they're probably able... if I were in your shoes I'd probably have some more questions though (what constitutes 'disturbing,' what other safety precautions are already in place to prevent this from being a real threat, will there be increased sign in/sign out procedures).

Just got back from appointment for the little one to get four month vaccinations. That has to be one of crappiest responsibilities for a job; the person giving shots to babies. One minute they're fine and perfectly happy and then you show up.

This made me LOL today

41515061_2069586913061736_4419469000522596352_n.jpg

Baby #3 any day now... Due date is 9/14, but wife's cervix is "favorable" according to this morning's appointment and she's been feeling some minor contractions. She was induced w/ the first two kids (both girls)... So this will be a new experience. We don't know gender.

Baby #3 any day now... Due date is 9/14, but wife's cervix is "favorable" according to this morning's appointment and she's been feeling some minor contractions. She was induced w/ the first two kids (both girls)... So this will be a new experience. We don't know gender.

Good luck!

But what about the sex?

Good luck, man!

Boom.

I have a son as of 3:10am. Excited to get to watch our first football game together later today.

Well, I’m excited. He has no idea what’s going on.

Boom.

I have a son as of 3:10am. Excited to get to watch our first football game together later today.

Well, I’m excited. He has no idea what’s going on.

TBH, when it comes to wake football, neither do we

congrats!

Very exciting! Congrats, ATS!

Also, LadyDeac, that meme/picture is FOR REAL. We're swimming in art right now and it's turning into a 'toss it in the night, the night before trash day' situation. Also, pro tip, bury candy wrappers (if it's candy the grownups ate after bedtime).

Congratulations!! Are your girls excited?

Girls got to meet him today. They were so excited to hold him and tell him stuff... It was great.

I’m sure the novelty will wear off, but for now it’s like the best toy they’ve ever received.

Back