• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The Pit Parenting Thread

Not many things worse as a parent than feeling helpless when they are sick. T's & P's. Try not to be so hard on yourself.

It's the worst. Before my youngest turned two she was in the hospital with an intussusception and it was the most scared I've ever been in my life.

Vibes and hope y'alls little ones recover quickly, Townie and Mako, just went through it last week w/ my 6 month old and definitely the toughest test yet being a parent, such immense guilt (probably undeserved but hell if my brain wants to be rational) and helplessness. Just wish you could take the burden from them and carry it yourself, 100 times over.

The 3yo is as big a psycho as ever, she just keeps coughing and sneezing in my face. I think she's doing it on purpose. She's currently pouting because I won't let her jump on the trampoline in 25 degree weather. This was after she woke up at 4:45 demanding waffles and whip cream. So y'all probably should be more concerned for me than for her tbh.

The 3yo is as big a psycho as ever, she just keeps coughing and sneezing in my face. I think she's doing it on purpose. She's currently pouting because I won't let her jump on the trampoline in 25 degree weather. This was after she woke up at 4:45 demanding waffles and whip cream. So y'all probably should be more concerned for me than for her tbh.

lol I am not looking forward to the day my kid wakes up at 5am and demands a specific meal

for the past month or so my 2yo wakes up every morning at/around 545 and demands a banana

man our 2-year old wakes up at like 7 or so most mornings. occasionally we'll hear him at like 4:30 or 5:00 but he falls back asleep. so either we're #blessed or gonna pay for it later.

Our kid wakes up at 5:30 to 6 but really just wants to eat and then go back to sleep till 9 or 9:30.. have no idea what we're gonna do when we have a daycare schedule to try and fit that too.

My 15 year old wakes up at 11 am on a Saturday and demands coffee.

man our 2-year old wakes up at like 7 or so most mornings. occasionally we'll hear him at like 4:30 or 5:00 but he falls back asleep. so either we're #blessed or gonna pay for it later.

It me. We actually have to wake him up (as naturally as possible) at 7-7:15 most school mornings so we can get him to eat and get dressed and out the door by 8. Last weekend he slept til 8:30 on my morning to wake up with him #blessed.

Once he's in a bed and has more freedom I expect things will change pretty drastically.

It me. We actually have to wake him up (as naturally as possible) at 7-7:15 most school mornings so we can get him to eat and get dressed and out the door by 8. Last weekend he slept til 8:30 on my morning to wake up with him #blessed.

Once he's in a bed and has more freedom I expect things will change pretty drastically.

yep. we do have to wake him up on some school mornings. figure it's just a preview to his teenage years. and if he's awake he's fine to just chill in his crib until we come get him. sometimes that's an hour, sometimes 5 minutes, depending on when/if he's awake.

he's still in a sleep sack so can't get out but there are times we've set him in his crib without it and he's immediately tried to climb over. so yeah once he's in a bed or out of his sleep sack it'll be a different story. he's also upstairs while we're downstairs so will have to see about that. we have a gate upstairs and a playroom on the upstairs landing so maybe worst case he'd play with his toys.

Bought the indoor trampoline over here the first week of the pandemic, I highly recommend it, just park that sum bitch right in front of the tv (if wall mounted)

Bought the indoor trampoline over here the first week of the pandemic, I highly recommend it, just park that sum bitch right in front of the tv (if wall mounted)

We have one of those small indoor exercise trampabampabopolines. My 9 yo will bounce for 90% of a movie some days.

When my kids are in their own rooms they sleep pretty well past 7 on weekends. But when we are traveling and they have to share a room they are up at like 5 fucking 30. So irritating.

At least one of my kids has woken up between 1 am and 4 am every night for the last month except one. That night my wife couldn’t sleep because she kept waiting from them to wake up.

At least one of my kids has woken up between 1 am and 4 am every night for the last month except one. That night my wife couldn’t sleep because she kept waiting from them to wake up.

Give them a black snake to sleep with.

Wait until you see what happens to your house and your sanity when you have an 8, 10, and 12 year old on winter break and they can't go outside for more than 5 minutes because it's below zero with a minus 10 windchill and you are trying to work. You don't know suffering.

Gabbys dollhouse has done work the past two weeks while my 4 year old has been home from preschool. Kudos to the teachers though, they’re doing a couple hours of zoom stuff in the morning which is maddening to facilitate.

Just counting down the days till she can get her shot.

My son has been watching a lot of Mickey's Roadster Racers this week with his classroom closed. Also glad we got his new playroom finally set up last week. Thankfully he tested negative.

Back