• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The Pit Parenting Thread

S still isn't doing 4 hours. Ugh. He too is teething, HTTD. Can't recommend Hylands homeopathic teething tablets more highly for that.

Another observation, it's a trip how emblazoned his face is on my mind. When I close my eyes I see it. I've studied every millimeter of his face a zillion ways by Sunday when I'm holding him. I don't think I've ever looked at anything so intensely

Has he done explosive pooping while changing? That's always fun. I do not miss wiping down walls and changing my clothes at 3am.

My 5 year old did this a few times as an infant. I thought about it yesterday as he held a poop for 5 minutes as we ran to the restroom in a large park.

S still isn't doing 4 hours. Ugh. He too is teething, HTTD. Can't recommend Hylands homeopathic teething tablets more highly for that.

Awesome, we will check those out. Do you have to get them somewhere special or would walgreens/Harris teeter type places have them?

Long car rides + teething is not awesome right now.

One more:

Snaps suck. I pick over all garments with snaps for ones with zippers or, preferably, the little Jesus gown sack things with none.

B started rolling from her back to her stomach on Thanksgiving so we had to drop the swaddle. Was super nervous that she would have a rough time but has slept great in her Zipadee Zip the last couple nights. She seems to move around a lot more and is mostly sleeping on her side. I'm sure there will be some drama once she manages to roll all the way over in her sleep and gets stuck but so far so good.

Anyone have a kid with eczema? It appears B has it after she got really rashy and red especially around her neck, elbows, and knees. Dousing her with cream and aquaphor has helped quite a bit but can't seem to clear it up completely.

We have eczema behind both kids ears. Nothing I have found clears it completely. Aquaphor does the best job but they both kind of have it

Last edited:
My (nearly) 9 month old son put a live stink bug in his mouth yesterday. This was not a pleasant experience for anyone, bug included.

Congrats. We're flirting with 4 hours here and there.

Well, they've done it one or twice. We aren't home yet on that. Generally, one of them could go a little longer than the other, but you just wake the second one up and feed her. Can't imagine the hell it would be not having them on the same schedule.

I can't believe I only have 3 months left until I join the parent ranks.

People always say "stock up on sleep," but that's not really possible. To the extent you've got some lbs to drop, do it now. I got in significantly better shape before the twins got here, and while I still have a ways to go, it helps. After they arrived, I've had very little time to workout, so glad I did it while I could, b/c it could be awhile before I have time again.

Well, they've done it one or twice. We aren't home yet on that. Generally, one of them could go a little longer than the other, but you just wake the second one up and feed her. Can't imagine the hell it would be not having them on the same schedule.

yeah man my hat is off to you (and you other half) for the double duty. The past couple of weeks Dave has been fussy and I have been at my wits end a few times to chill him out. I couldn't imagine that in stereo.

People always say "stock up on sleep," but that's not really possible. To the extent you've got some lbs to drop, do it now. I got in significantly better shape before the twins got here, and while I still have a ways to go, it helps. After they arrived, I've had very little time to workout, so glad I did it while I could, b/c it could be awhile before I have time again.

Yeah I have been hitting the gym very regularly as of late. The holidays aren't helping matters, but I am at least trying. I probably about 10 lbs heavier than ideal, so not a ton to lose, but still needs to be done.

do5axg.jpg

Back