• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The Pit Parenting Thread

We use the PBS app on our phone for ITCbaby; it's got all the PBS shows with 2-4 full sp available all free; she loves Daniel Tiger, Curious George and Sesame Street and occasionally Arthur; that's basically all we let her watch at this point

I seem to remember some of you recommending Daniel Tiger (Ph perhaps?) - the Squirrel discovered that last weekend and he's hooked. I'm definitely okay with that.

On the other hand, we're trying to completely cut out any Thomas the Train [video] stuff. He's got some books, which are okay, but damn some of the shows are downright traumatizing. Trains falling off cliffs, trains drowning, explosions etc. Not so wholesome for a three year old.

Wasn't me. It's a nice show though. Thomas is horrible. Thankfully my youngest didn't pick up on it.

Moana - my kid is addicted. Way better than frozen though

curious george is a little jerk. always causing trouble. what a pain.

the TV cartoon version is less mischievous than the book, but yeah, he's kind of a dick

My daughter went through a yo ganga ganga phase. At least I had biz's beats.

Haha... gotta leave that auto correct since my first thought was ganja ganja phase.

Yo Gaba gaba of course.

P is big into Monkey (Curious George) or Micky (both clubhouse and racers)
S is Paw Patrol all the way...that show is so weird...the mayor has a purse chicken?
E has started watching Goosebumps when the other kids are asleep and Phineas and Ferb or Loudhouse when they aren't.

7yo girl will watch My Little Pony if she gets a choice. 9yo boy will use his screen time on Minecraft. Most of the time, 7yo just opts to watch him play Minecraft.
Otherwise, the only real TV we watch with them is American Ninja Warrior (and we subject them to cycling videos).

My wife doesn't like Curious George because he always misbehaves and never gets in to trouble over it.

Also, my daughter broke her arm at a meet and greet the week before kindergarten started. What a noob.

My wife doesn't like Curious George because he always misbehaves and never gets in to trouble over it.

Also, my daughter broke her arm at a meet and greet the week before kindergarten started. What a noob.

sAw1ffT.gif

He doesn't get punished but he generally learns a lesson. It's about being curious and learning through exploration

The Bug pretty much solely watches Daniel Tiger if anything. She's seen other shows, but when we're home we just have a bunch of DT on the TiVo.

After seeing other shows with more conflict and bad guys, I'm pretty ok with wholesome Daniel. Not to mention that she seems to remember a lot of the lessons / songs.

He doesn't get punished but he generally learns a lesson. It's about being curious and learning through exploration

Yeah I get that. I think her thing is more, "this monkey spilled grape juice and in an attempt to clean it up managed to flood the house and no one seems to care".

My fella, 3.5 fella is now refusing to let us cut fangernails. Any advice? While he's asleep used to work but now he moves his hands even asleep! Cray! Thoughts?

Back