• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The Pit Parenting Thread

how was that received, say hey? i hope she laughed because that's pretty awesome.

"There was a little yucky-lovey stuff in this book, and it was absolutely disgusting. And let me just say, they’re only in 4th grade!"

Oh man, this is awesome.

I see no pic there... so... silent treatment?

You have to pay her? We just go to book stores and ask for recs. Haven't had an issue yet.

We have to buy the book, of course.

We found out this lady through a friend. She was the one who after looking through my daughter's reading list suggested that she start the book review web site, so we purchased the domain for her as a reward for all the hard work she had put in (she was in a reading competition and blew away her goals that she had set). So it was worth it for us. She has been a pretty faithful advisor to us. Daughter is now receiving advance copies of books from different middle age children authors as a result of the connections she has made, so in general $30 was a very fruitful investment. Not necessarily saying it will be the same for you, but it certainly was for us.

Boy is having his kindergarten assessment day today. Hopefully he gets placed in the kindergarten class with all the hot chicks.

Oh shiiiiiiit, apparently he ate lunch next to 2 chicks.

ed14eefaeaea35c525ac0958979ad4d3--photography-projects-color-photography.jpg

Took the Worm for his one year old check up on Tuesday and had a blood test done for peanut allergies as the two times we've given him PB he had a slight reaction around his mouth. Just got the call and email from the doc with the lab work "showed a mildly elevated reactivity to peanuts. It is just above the threshold recommended for referral to allergy for management of peanut allergy. Rather than continuing home introduction, I would recommend that he see the allergist for controlled introduction."

Womp womp.

How screwed is he?

Not nearly as screwed as all the other kids and parents in his preschool class.

Not nearly as screwed as all the other kids and parents in his preschool class.

I would laugh at that, but presuming he ends up at the same school is sister is currently attending, they're already peanut and tree nut free, so he's all set!

Send happy vibes over the next few weeks. We're transitioning from the swaddle and taking the paci away in a relatively short time.

We're going to take away the paci soon. I am not not not looking forward to it even though it went fine for E and S.

Fingers crossed for you, tsy

I feel like screening for nut allergies is hurting us in an evolutionary sense.

I feel like screening for nut allergies is hurting us in an evolutionary sense.

What's the alternative? Just keep giving it to a kid who's shown reactive symptoms.

We didn't have #1 screened because we gave her PB and she was always fine. But we gave #2 PB twice and he has gotten red splotches around his mouth both times. So instead of continuing to give it to him on our own and risk something worse, we asked the doc to check him.

Back