• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The Pit's First Pet Peeve Thread

Better than plastic floating around in the ocean for eternity.

I won’t argue with that.

I rarely eat ice cream. When I do I have no problem taking a sample or two. There is no ice cream place in Austin I love. DipDipDip Ice Cream was interesting, but I am not planning to go back.

I won’t argue with that.

I rarely eat ice cream. When I do I have no problem taking a sample or two. There is no ice cream place in Austin I love. DipDipDip Ice Cream was interesting, but I am not planning to go back.
Yeah, we have beer which is generally better

I won’t argue with that.

Is Sugar Pine good? I’ve heard some good things about it but have yet to check it out.

I don't think pentatonix is a pet peeve. Pretty much universally hated.

Any time someone tries to come up with a new Christmas song. With the exception of the Mariah Carey song, no good new Christmas song has come out in at least I dunno 60 years or so.

Any time someone tries to come up with a new Christmas song. With the exception of the Mariah Carey song, no good new Christmas song has come out in at least I dunno 60 years or so.

Off the top of my head, some of the popular "traditional songs/arrangements" released after 1959 (YMMV):

Charlie Brown soundtrack
the Grinch soundtrack
Rockin’ Around the Christmas Tree by Brenda Lee
Crosby/Bowie - Peace on Earth/Little Drummer Boy
Burl Ives' - Holly Jolly Christmas
Dean Martin's - Winter Wonderland
José Feliciano's - Feliz Navidad
Jackson Five's - Kissing Santa Claus
McCartney's - Wonderful Christmastime
Wham - Last Christmas
Springsteen - Santa Claus Comin' to Town
Buble's - It's beginning to look a lot like xmas
Barenaked Ladies & Sarah McLachlan – "God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen/We Three Kings

more of a thought exercise - but i agree, most of the 'best' radio xmas songs are from the 40s and 50s

Off the top of my head, some of the popular "traditional songs/arrangements" released after 1959 (YMMV):

Charlie Brown soundtrack
the Grinch soundtrack
Wham - Last Christmas
Barenaked Ladies & Sarah McLachlan – "God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen/We Three Kings

And most of those aren’t new lyrics.

All I Want for Christmas is You came out 25 years ago and I think it’s the latest major Christmas song with new lyrics.

Charlie Brown soundtrack
the Grinch soundtrack
Wham - Last Christmas

You forgot

(also old lyrics, save for the inexplicable recitation of presidents.)

more of a thought exercise - but i agree, most of the 'best' radio xmas songs are from the 40s and 50s

My time period was arbitrary and off the top of my head. I’ll grant the Charlie Brown Christmas soundtrack as it’s my favorite Christmas music, but I don’t think that’s even really new, original music. Linus and Lucy is, but I think it was used in another Peanuts love first? Would have to check. My post mainly came because we were at a restaurant playing Christmas music and it was all new original shit that all seemed to have the same theme of OMG Christmas is almost here.

My time period was arbitrary and off the top of my head. I’ll grant the Charlie Brown Christmas soundtrack as it’s my favorite Christmas music, but I don’t think that’s even really new, original music. Linus and Lucy is, but I think it was used in another Peanuts love first? Would have to check. My post mainly came because we were at a restaurant playing Christmas music and it was all new original shit that all seemed to have the same theme of OMG Christmas is almost here.

*Peanuts movie

When I order something designed to be mixed up and it’s a plate of ingredients.

Not trying to cut up my chicken breast and make my own salad with the ingredients on different corners of the plate.

Got the $16 yogurt parfait for breakfast and it’s a jar of Greek yogurt with blueberry strawberry and granola on the plate around it.

Back