• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The Pit's First Pet Peeve Thread

Any time someone tries to come up with a new Christmas song. With the exception of the Mariah Carey song, no good new Christmas song has come out in at least I dunno 60 years or so.

"Mary Did You Know"
"Thankful"
"It Wasn't His Child"
"This Christmas"
"The Gathering" program by Laurelynn Dossett

No votes for Christmas shoes?

...didn't think so. Screw that schlock.

Off the top of my head, some of the popular "traditional songs/arrangements" released after 1959 (YMMV):

Charlie Brown soundtrack
the Grinch soundtrack
Rockin’ Around the Christmas Tree by Brenda Lee
Crosby/Bowie - Peace on Earth/Little Drummer Boy
Burl Ives' - Holly Jolly Christmas
Dean Martin's - Winter Wonderland
José Feliciano's - Feliz Navidad
Jackson Five's - Kissing Santa Claus
McCartney's - Wonderful Christmastime
Wham - Last Christmas
Springsteen - Santa Claus Comin' to Town
Buble's - It's beginning to look a lot like xmas
Barenaked Ladies & Sarah McLachlan – "God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen/We Three Kings

oh, btw...

best newer Christmas album is JD McPherson's Socks, it has a number of good songs.

Here's a related pet peeve - people who take offense when someone tells them they don't like christmas music. Just because someone thinks the genre is ass doesn't automatically make them a grump or mean they hate the season/christmas/jeebus. The offense I've observed most often is in an office setting and it's usually taken by a boomer woman with a cat calendar at her desk.

Here's a related pet peeve - people who take offense when someone tells them they don't like christmas music. Just because someone thinks the genre is ass doesn't automatically make them a grump or mean they hate the season/christmas/jeebus. The offense I've observed most often is in an office setting and it's usually taken by a boomer woman with a cat calendar at her desk.

Have fun in hell, Mr. Scrooge.

I hate it when people say "cowinkydink" in place of the word coincidence.

I hate it when people say "cowinkydink" in place of the word coincidence.

Literally just cringed at this. Those fucking Flanders clones.

Also, this is the Christmas song goat.

when people say the "like a light bulb" ! shit in Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer

Don't forget the Kelly Clarkson Christmas song that sounds like she screams the entire song on one breath.

the way to get a new Christmas song on the air is to have it in a movie. Like that Faith Hill song from the Grinch.

also, feliz navidad is the worst.

the way to get a new Christmas song on the air is to have it in a movie. Like that Faith Hill song from the Grinch.

also, feliz navidad is the worst.

won't eat alone with women, hates Spanish-language art

your chances at the GOP nomination are looking pretty good, my man

Back