• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The Pit's First Pet Peeve Thread

sure, but some caps don't quite work with the pump plus the cap often gets dumped on the ground and can roll under the vehicle (if it's not tethered).

Our Escape doesn’t even have a gas cap, just a covering that gets pushed aside when you insert the pump. I like it.

bad is definitely a noun

LOL. I hope they aren't teaching that at Wake Forest these days.

bad
[bad]

ADJECTIVE
of poor quality or a low standard.
"a bad diet" · [more]
synonyms:
substandard · poor · inferior · second-rate · second-class · unsatisfactory · [more]
not such as to be hoped for or desired; unpleasant or unwelcome.
"bad weather" · [more]
synonyms:
unpleasant · disagreeable · unwelcome · unfortunate · unfavorable · unlucky · adverse · nasty · terrible · dreadful · awful · grim · distressing · regrettable · parlous
failing to conform to standards of moral virtue or acceptable conduct.
"the bad guys" · [more]
synonyms:
wicked · sinful · immoral · evil · morally wrong · corrupt · base · [more]
(of a part of the body) injured, diseased, or painful.
"a bad back"
synonyms:
injured · wounded · diseased · gammy · knackered · crook · game
ADVERB
NORTH AMERICAN
informal
badly.
"he beat her up real bad"

Well, we will just have to agree to disagree. There doesn't seem to be any reason to take this discussion any further. I just think that saying "My mistake" is far preferable to saying "My bad"....but you do you.

Do you prefer, "that's a very interesting concept" rather than "cool"?

It's almost as if the English language can change over time. Who knew!

did you ever take an economics course?

an economic bad is the opposite of an economic good

just one additional example

LOL. I hope they aren't teaching that at Wake Forest these days.

bad
[bad]

ADJECTIVE
of poor quality or a low standard.
"a bad diet" · [more]
synonyms:
substandard · poor · inferior · second-rate · second-class · unsatisfactory · [more]
not such as to be hoped for or desired; unpleasant or unwelcome.
"bad weather" · [more]
synonyms:
unpleasant · disagreeable · unwelcome · unfortunate · unfavorable · unlucky · adverse · nasty · terrible · dreadful · awful · grim · distressing · regrettable · parlous
failing to conform to standards of moral virtue or acceptable conduct.
"the bad guys" · [more]
synonyms:
wicked · sinful · immoral · evil · morally wrong · corrupt · base · [more]
(of a part of the body) injured, diseased, or painful.
"a bad back"
synonyms:
injured · wounded · diseased · gammy · knackered · crook · game
ADVERB
NORTH AMERICAN
informal
badly.
"he beat her up real bad"

sometimes you just have to take the good with THE BAD

I know I've mentioned this before, but it is heightened with all the Christmas commercials. It seems like every commercial now showing a couple makes them interracial. Which is perfectly cool to happen, but from an advertising standpoint is clearly just a transparent battle between companies to show their wokedness and chase that millennial dollar. Plus, virtually every black woman in every commercial has the giant, frizzy, Bob Ross permed haircut, usually dyed blonde. Yet no black woman I actually know has that haircut.

Back