• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The Pit's First Pet Peeve Thread

Washing machines/dryers that don’t allow you to turn off the “done” alarm

Really, any appliance that won’t let you disable all sounds.

Agreed, mine plays a little jingle when it's done. Most annoying dryer of all time.

Don't you people have laundry rooms with doors on them ?

Wrinkle prevent mode on the dryer, where it starts running again in little 5 min intervals drives my dog absolutely insane. She thinks the house is being attacked.

Tailgaters, of course, but the ones clearly with their heads tilted down and their eyes down looking at their phone and glancing up every so often.

Most of them are women. Which means they are in some inane FB or Instagram shit to boot, so my life depends on them getting the full update on their idiot friend's trip selfies while barreling down a 5 lane highway at 75mph.

Last edited:
Tailgaters, of course, but the ones clearly with their heads tilted down and their eyes down looking at their phone and glancing up every so often.

Most of them are women. Which means they are in some inane FB or Instagram shit to boot, so my life depends on them getting the full update on their idiot friend's trip selfies while barreling down a 5 lane highway at 75mph.

Sometimes I have a very weird/evil urge to buy a junker car for the purpose of getting hit by people tailgating, turning left on very red lights, etc.

Sometimes I have a very weird/evil urge to buy a junker car for the purpose of getting hit by people tailgating, turning left on very red lights, etc.

That used to be common move by Russians and Mexicans back when I was an insurance adjuster 20 or so years ago before all of the traffic cams. They would get a junker that didn't even run and push it out into moving traffic around blind corners so that it would get hammered and file an insurance claim.

Wrinkle prevent mode on the dryer, where it starts running again in little 5 min intervals drives my dog absolutely insane. She thinks the house is being attacked.

your dog is the issue here

your dog is the issue here

I mean it definitely startles me sometimes, when you think the dryer is done/off, and all of a sudden it starts running again. Our dryer is pretty loud and we leave the laundry door open for some reason. When shepherds get startled, they freak.

Humans in my home over 8 or 9 years old eating breakfast cereal in the afternoon as a snack.

PET PEEVE- MODS who participate in bannable call out threads without doing anything about them.

LK, your new copy of Mein Kampf will be delivered next week.

PET PEEVE- MODS who participate in bannable call out threads without doing anything about them.

LK, your new copy of Mein Kampf will be delivered next week.

christ, rj

you're losing it

Back