• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The Pit's First Pet Peeve Thread

websites that have a full-page pop-up asking me about my cookie preferences every time I visit

every time I go on the Lowe's or Home Depot mobile site to see if something is in stock locally it defaults to not the closest store and I have to switch.

Just FYI OnlyFans’ cookies pop up only takes up like 1/4th of the page on a mobile browser.

e960782919719474aaaeeebc954d6321.jpg

A giant thunderstorm that pops up and is headed right for you to bring unexpected but much needed rain, but just thunders and passes right over you with no precipitation like there’s an eye of the storm over your yard. That’s some bullshit.

That little light rail line that goes like 5 blocks down trade street in either direction. How about getting the silver line moving within my lifetime instead of dropping $Texas on an empty streetcar?

Literally maybe the biggest Thanks Obama / Foxx.

DENSITY

There's a corner lot in Durham where they bulldozed 1 house and built two houses and a townhouse with 3 units in the same space. I'm not even mad, just impressed.

That’s nothing compared to the corner lot down the street from me where they tore down one house and built FOUR single family homes and also plan to add two duplexes. I don’t really get the appeal but I guess people are willing to pay a significant premium to not share a wall.

That little light rail line that goes like 5 blocks down trade street in either direction. How about getting the silver line moving within my lifetime instead of dropping $Texas on an empty streetcar?

Uhhh, you realize it runs from Central Avenue to past JCSU, right ? And it's proposed for extension to Eastland Mall and northward beyond I-85.

Oh, well then I take it all back biff. I’ve always wanted to travel to those places every 20 minutes

This is a good one. The other extreme can also be true though. People who honk within a nanosecond of the light turning green if the car in front of them doesn't move. Feel like there's a 1.5-2 second grace period.

the grace period is 0.5 seconds, 1 second MAX. If those strips don't see movement we're all fucked.

the streetcar in charlotte is probably my biggest single pet peeve about a government project in my life. it is SO dumb that we're tearing up streets to add an antiquated form of transportation that no one will use. but at least it's super fucking slow and unreliable.
enraging.

the streetcar in charlotte is probably my biggest single pet peeve about a government project in my life. it is SO dumb that we're tearing up streets to add an antiquated form of transportation that no one will use. but at least it's super fucking slow and unreliable.
enraging.

What's not to love about a $200,000,000 60' by 10' homeless shelter that rolls back and forth down the middle of the city's main street blocking traffic all day long? It seems worthy of a promotion to the national Secretary of Transportation for whoever came up with the idea.

seems like every major city in Europe has one so clearly it can serve a purpose if done correctly

Lisbon has a lot of them but holy shit they're small you can only get like 20 people on one

What's not to love about a $200,000,000 60' by 10' homeless shelter that rolls back and forth down the middle of the city's main street blocking traffic all day long? It seems worthy of a promotion to the national Secretary of Transportation for whoever came up with the idea.

peak 2&2

Back