• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The Players

DeacNutt

Reaction score
Anyone coming down this year? I'll be around all weekend if you guys need any advice around the city or the course.

I'm psyched to see how Webb & Bill do after their great showings the last two weeks.

Won't be there.

but if you guys want to participate in a little pick 'em pool I created one. Just get your picks in fast.

Pick any 6 players. They all have to make the cut for you to win. Then, for everyone whose players make the cut the best score wins.

Join here:

http://www.eyeonmajors.com/

Create an account. Then join a group

Group Name: "Old Gold & Black Boards"
Group Password: "WFU"

This is the only golf tournament ive ever been to. When I was in 3rd grade I lived on the course. It's my second favorite event every year after the masters.

I wish I could be there. I'm going to make it a point to go next year.

Tiger currently in DFL!

http://www.pgatour.com/players/00/87/93/scorecards/2011/r011.html

Guys, take a look at shot tacker, Tiger’s game is all over the place. I realize that last year his mental state was shattered, but he seemed extremely confident that he had put all the outside distractions aside during this past off season, but his game is in shambles. Even in the nice finishes he has had this year, it was Ugly golf with lots of scrambling. How could a guy with his sort of perfection “lose it” this quickly. I think the braking the MAJORS record is safer than it ever was.

Currently at +5 thru 5, still DFL ( he now has company in DFL)

Last edited:
Okay, let me preface this by saying that I watch the majors and really don't follow the Tour closely beyond that, so excuse my ignorance. Can someone explain to me why Westwood and McIlroy are not playing?

Won't be there.

but if you guys want to participate in a little pick 'em pool I created one. Just get your picks in fast.

Pick any 6 players. They all have to make the cut for you to win. Then, for everyone whose players make the cut the best score wins.

Join here:

http://www.eyeonmajors.com/

Create an account. Then join a group

Group Name: "Old Gold & Black Boards"
Group Password: "WFU"

Dang I missed this one. Sounds like fun, I'm in for the next tourney.

Dang I missed this one. Sounds like fun, I'm in for the next tourney.

+1 My favorite format for a Golf Pool. CBS use to host one like this, although they did not have the rule that all players must make the cut. My bet is that Tiger is going to eliminate half of the field in this pool if he does not make the cut, everyone banks on lots of birdies from Tiger.

Okay, let me preface this by saying that I watch the majors and really don't follow the Tour closely beyond that, so excuse my ignorance. Can someone explain to me why Westwood and McIlroy are not playing?

They are both getting a lot of criticism for skipping it. Westwood is a member of the European tour, so he is limited to 10 PGA events this year, but this should certainly be one of them. He is playing in S. Korea and cited a scheduling mixup. McIlroy's agent (who is also Westwoods agent) said he doesn't like the course.

Weak sawce.

ETA: I'm not sure what their hidden agenda is. I would guess they risk losing more world ranking by skipping it than if they had played average-poorly, but I could be wrong about that.

Last edited:
Tiger currently in DFL!

http://www.pgatour.com/players/00/87/93/scorecards/2011/r011.html

Guys, take a look at shot tacker, Tiger’s game is all over the place. I realize that last year his mental state was shattered, but he seemed extremely confident that he had put all the outside distractions aside during this past off season, but his game is in shambles. Even in the nice finishes he has had this year, it was Ugly golf with lots of scrambling. How could a guy with his sort of perfection “lose it” this quickly. I think the braking the MAJORS record is safer than it ever was.

Currently at +5 thru 5, still DFL

The only thing more mysterious than PGA Tour golfers who suddenly lose their game and start finishing last in tournaments is a player who comes back after years of struggling and starts winning tournaments again.

I think eventually Tiger will take the Bubba route - get away from coaches, get away from the super-technical swing changes, and just start playing golf for fun again. He'll probably need some dead last finishes to get there. But then he might win the Masters by 20 again. Who knows. Maybe he'll quit and play baseball.

They are both getting a lot of criticism for skipping it. Westwood is a member of the European tour, so he is limited to 10 PGA events this year, but this should certainly be one of them. He is playing in S. Korea and cited a scheduling mixup. McIlroy's agent (who is also Westwoods agent) said he doesn't like the course.

Weak sawce.

ETA: I'm not sure what their hidden agenda is. I would guess they risk losing more world ranking by skipping it than if they had played average-poorly, but I could be wrong about that.

Thanks- I had heard the same agent thing, so I figured there was some hidden reason.

Tiger WDs. Apparently had a very noticeable limp. Probably should have never started.

McDowell tweeting that Tiger was limping in the locker room.

It would be an awful crime for his body to just break down like this. His swing circa-2000 was an absolute thing of beauty but it appears he's wrecked his left leg from all the torque on his knee.

dammit Tiger.. He may be done for the rest of the year now.. Those are slow healing sprains.

tiger in vegas

He wasn't limping too much partying it up in his first trip to vegas since the wreck last week. Tiger has never done well here. I'm sure he will come back and win the US Open on a bum leg again.

He wasn't limping too much partying it up in his first trip to vegas since the wreck last week. Tiger has never done well here. I'm sure he will come back and win the US Open on a bum leg again.

Doubtful.

McDowell tweeting that Tiger was limping in the locker room.

It would be an awful crime for his body to just break down like this. His swing circa-2000 was an absolute thing of beauty but it appears he's wrecked his left leg from all the torque on his knee.

Yeah his swing before he changed it in 2003 was unorthodox but a thing of beauty.. He knew he had to change it since his body would not work that way in his 30's.. Shame his knee is still breaking down.

Back