• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The 'price' has gone up !

HONDO2

Reaction score
YIKES !

After Saturday, I now firmly believe that Wellman/Hatch have no choice but to break open the check book and entice a HUGE guy to come here and rebuild the program. Who I don't know but I'm convinced now that a Dave Clawson type just won't do.

Yes, we are NOW at rock bottom.

:eek:

Bob Staak is still in his 60's. And available, I believe.

#wellmanthinking

They won't spin it that way. Bzzzdicklick was bought in here to rebuild, or so they say. Ronny boy won't say he is bringing someone else to rebuild again.

I thought this would be about our QB at the combine.

They won't spin it that way. Bzzzdicklick was bought in here to rebuild, or so they say. Ronny boy won't say he is bringing someone else to rebuild again.

Too bad for Wellman that narrative is going up in the same flames that this season is going.

After Saturday, I now firmly believe that Wellman/Hatch have no choice but to break open the check book and entice a HUGE guy to come here and rebuild the program.

Well in that case it's a good thing they can rely on the financial support and fundraising prowess of the ogboards.com forum to help land a HUGE name

Well in that case it's a good thing they can rely on the financial support and fundraising prowess of the ogboards.com forum to help land a HUGE name

OH, HAI CORNHOLE ANUS

did you know that being obese at your tender age (look at that fucking disgusting gut, those flaccid man boobs) will lead to an early death by cardiovascular disease? (yet weirdly skinny buzz maintains)

go back to the other boards you fat fuck

YIKES !

After Saturday, I now firmly believe that Wellman/Hatch have no choice but to break open the check book and entice a HUGE guy to come here and rebuild the program. Who I don't know but I'm convinced now that a Dave Clawson type just won't do.

We have been @ rock bottom for four years now. Many did not realize it @ the time. They hoped for the best but did not know if they had fully prepared for the worst that could happen. Now everyone knows. With that POS Wellman's statements of a new culture being implemented, the story will be spun positively that Bz accomplished all what he had been hired to do..."Oh Heaven's Yes"!!!

YIKES !

Agreed.

A good example is Alabama football. Following Gene Stallings retirement in the mid 90s, Alabama went through several coaches, first trying to hire from within with Dubose, then via the "mid major" route with Franchione and Mike Price, and finally back to a family hire of Mike Shula. Their program alternated between above average and terrible for nearly a decade. They never went out and got a superstar coach, until 2006. At that time Nick Saban was a superstar, but given his Dolphins job, required a whole bunch of money to bring in. Alabama signed him to an 8 year deal at 4 million/per. At the time it was an enormous contract for a college coach, so much more than anyone else was making. The rest needs no explanation. Alabama has seen a return on that investment threefold in donations, not to mention on field success and national notoriety, both with athletics as well as improving academic reputation over the last 10 years.

Wake is in a similar position now. The program has been down for a while now. There are two clear cut superstar coaches out there which are obtainable for a price. Those two are about as can't miss slam dunk as you can get. Everyone else on the list has question marks and would be much more of a risk. I would much rather open the checkbook to get Shaka or Marshall here than roll the dice to save 1-1.5 million on someone else.

Agreed.

A good example is Alabama football. Following Gene Stallings retirement in the mid 90s, Alabama went through several coaches, first trying to hire from within with Dubose, then via the "mid major" route with Franchione and Mike Price, and finally back to a family hire of Mike Shula. Their program alternated between above average and terrible for nearly a decade. They never went out and got a superstar coach, until 2006. At that time Nick Saban was a superstar, but given his Dolphins job, required a whole bunch of money to bring in. Alabama signed him to an 8 year deal at 4 million/per. At the time it was an enormous contract for a college coach, so much more than anyone else was making. The rest needs no explanation. Alabama has seen a return on that investment threefold in donations, not to mention on field success and national notoriety, both with athletics as well as improving academic reputation over the last 10 years.

Wake is in a similar position now. The program has been down for a while now. There are two clear cut superstar coaches out there which are obtainable for a price. Those two are about as can't miss slam dunk as you can get. Everyone else on the list has question marks and would be much more of a risk. I would much rather open the checkbook to get Shaka or Marshall here than roll the dice to save 1-1.5 million on someone else.

PREACH!

Agreed.

Post of the year candidate.

Obligatory, how dare you compare Wake Forest with Alabama. Wake has not done anything in its history when compared to Alabama. A school with national titles in the past can and should be that aggressive. Wake will always be a well-cultured program that tries hard but is not capable of competing with the big boys. [/end LOWF]

But honestly, great post. Wake has enough history and resources that going for the great coach is an achievable goal.

Back