• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The Quad Got Rolled After Ferguson Grand Jury Decision?

Well there were also sporting events the same day but it does appear some students rolled upon hearing the decision

It has nothing to do with viewpoints. How do you justify celebrating an unarmed teenager being shot to death?

Context matters.

maybe they were celebrating an innocent cop who didn't get charged? But seriously, I agree it was in bad taste.

I don't KNOW exactly what happened that day. And neither do you or anyone else. So, celebrating either way is pretty stupid, and probably just shows the person's bias.

The quad got rolled after the OJ decision. Idiots are idiots.

So you agreed with my first post but wanted to be a pain the ass. Got it!

Well there were also sporting events the same day but it does appear some students rolled upon hearing the decision

The game ended just as the decision was being televised. I am not sure how anyone on these boards or even on campus that night can accurately state the reasons the people involved in the rolling the quad had for doing it. I expect that some were celebrating a win that probably did not deserve a celebration. And I suspect some others were making a misguided political statement. But no one really knows, including the University's senior administrators.

The game ended just as the decision was being televised. I am not sure how anyone on these boards or even on campus that night can accurately state the reasons the people involved in the rolling the quad had for doing it. I expect that some were celebrating a win that probably did not deserve a celebration. And I suspect some others were making a misguided political statement. But no one really knows, including the University's senior administrators.

Well there were plenty of comments on Yik Yak at the time the rolling was happening saying "going to roll the quad for Ferguson" and whatnot. So there's likely some legitimacy there.

Well there were plenty of comments on Yik Yak at the time the rolling was happening saying "going to roll the quad for Ferguson" and whatnot. So there's likely some legitimacy there.

Yeah, no one would ever use an app like yik yak that is fairly anonymous to make false statements to stir the pot and jack up the hyper pc crowd. But as I stated above I think some were out there for the wrong reasons but I think some were out there after the basketball win too.

You think that there are people posting false things on an anonymous app for 18-22 year old college students to "jack up the hyper pc crowd?"

That's certainly one opinion.

I guess the panty waste pc crowd would have been happy if Brown had gotten the officer's weapon and killed him.

No reason to roll the quad, but this zero's bad decisions are what earned him a dirt nap.

I guess the panty waste pc crowd would have been happy if Brown had gotten the officer's weapon and killed him.

No reason to roll the quad, but this zero's bad decisions are what earned him a dirt nap.

This is clearly correct about libs and obviously true re the clear facts that lead to the dirt nap.

Back