• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The [Redacted] Zone

Thanks DV. I needed that. I needed to see an example (fictional though it was) where the "dark lord" didn't win...

Last edited:
Wake up to #203 as of this morning. We are gunning for you Rider, IUPUI, and Toledo. You are all that stands in our way of that coveted #200 spot!

I used to joke about IUPUI. Welcome to the new Bzzzzdelik WFU basketball culture.

vt what has done excellent work in putting together these visual aids over the course of the season. They certainly take a big chunk out of Der Kommissar Wellman when compared to his prior statements regarding the standard for what will be considered "success." Bz is spectacularly failing to meet those benchmarks.

just noticed that UNCA, a fucking 16 seed, is 83 spots ahead of us on kenpom. in all, we're behind 3 of the 4 16 seeds. holy shit we were bad this season. the increased win total really doesn't do anything to boost my confidence in bzz. get this clown out of here.

I am hoping for a year end ranking of 202.

The incredibly rare [Redacted] Zone Palindrome

just noticed that UNCA, a fucking 16 seed, is 83 spots ahead of us on kenpom. in all, we're behind 3 of the 4 16 seeds. holy shit we were bad this season. the increased win total really doesn't do anything to boost my confidence in bzz. get this clown out of here.

Think about it like this. There are 100 teams in the NCAAT and NIT. All but one, maybe two have a better Kenpom than us. That means over 100 teams who didn't even make the (real) postseason were better than us this year. And we finished tied for last in a conference in which only half the teams made the postseason.

Remember when ACC teams with overall winning records were almost guaranteed a postseason spot whether it was the NCAAs or NIT? I do. Seems like so long ago.

Remember when ACC teams with overall winning records were almost guaranteed a postseason spot whether it was the NCAAs or NIT? I do. Seems like so long ago.

The NIT used to be a political selection process. Big conference school with winning record was guaranteed a spot.

OTOH, just 2 years ago, Miami finished last in the ACC, and was a top 50 kenpom squad.

Thanks. I would call that a pretty good depiction of regression. Jaybone, care to comment? I seem to remember a bunch of bzzz defenders saying all they want to see is improvement. This seems to be the opposite of improvement.

Edited to say at least Bzzz is consistent.

That sucks! But 200 is better than 250! Next year ... 150 ... or beyond!!!!!

dwhoops_ACC2012_QF_Miami_Wake_Forest_034.jpg

The postseason so far has not been kind to us. We are down to 208 and behind NC Central.

#Winning

The final verdict #210. Nestled between a sub .500 Ivy league team and a sub .500 Northeast Conference team

#CultureChange

The final verdict #210. Nestled between a sub .500 Ivy league team and a sub .500 Northeast Conference team

#CultureChange

The only BCS conference teams that finished below us were Arizona State(lol) at #223, Boston College at #259, and Utah at an astounding #303.

Back