• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The [Redacted] Zone

So BC needs a win in the tourney to leave Wake as the worst ranked team... Would a Wake loss put us back over 200?

So BC needs a win in the tourney to leave Wake as the worst ranked team... Would a Wake loss put us back over 200?

Depends by how much. Maryland will be favored by a couple points, so for us to drop another 8 spots, we'd need to lose by quite a bit (probably 15+), which is possible.

BC will be projected to lose by 15-20, so if they play State close, they would pass our rank from last of 251.

Will a 22 point loss to Maryland push us back into the [Redacted] zone? I think it will.

We'll be right on the edge. The big run in garbage time will probably save us.

We nearly fell victim to one of the classic blunders - The most famous of which is "never get involved in a land war in Asia" - but only slightly less well-known is this: "Never go against a [Redacted] when futility is on the line!"

Pretty telling that we reached our lowest ranking of the year in our final game.

RON WELLMAN: We're working on our strategic plan right now and identifying all of those things. But basically we want a team that continues to improve. We want a team that is peaking at the right time of the year. In college basketball now, the right time of the year is in late February, early March, and through the NCAA tournament. We've got to have a team that is at its peak performance at that time. We play in what I very biasly believe is the best basketball conference in the country. And if we aren't at peak performance, if any team in this conference is not peaking at the right time, you're not going to do well in the post season. That was evident this year. I think that the team that won the national championship, their moniker this year is that they improved throughout the year, and that's why they were able to achieve what they did in the post season.

Q. What would you have viewed?
RON WELLMAN: Exactly that, a continuation of improvement throughout the year, rather than a decline at the end of the year, a continuation of the improvement. And beating the teams that we should beat, competitively at that time of the year during tournament play.

I think Wellman is certifiable. Commitment papers are in order.

who has that tracking chart that looks at our kenpom ranking throughout the year in graph form? Is that you, vtwhatever?

who has that tracking chart that looks at our kenpom ranking throughout the year in graph form? Is that you, vtwhatever?

Yeah.... Computer crashed last week so nothings been updated, but here are the charts I had compiled:

jN78h.png

0DVur.png

Yeah.... Computer crashed last week so nothings been updated, but here are the charts I had compiled:

jN78h.png

0DVur.png

Thanks. I would call that a pretty good depiction of regression. Jaybone, care to comment? I seem to remember a bunch of bzzz defenders saying all they want to see is improvement. This seems to be the opposite of improvement.

Edited to say at least Bzzz is consistent.

Pretty telling that we reached our lowest ranking of the year in our final game.

RON WELLMAN: We're working on our strategic plan right now and identifying all of those things. But basically we want a team that continues to improve. We want a team that is peaking at the right time of the year. In college basketball now, the right time of the year is in late February, early March, and through the NCAA tournament. We've got to have a team that is at its peak performance at that time. We play in what I very biasly believe is the best basketball conference in the country. And if we aren't at peak performance, if any team in this conference is not peaking at the right time, you're not going to do well in the post season. That was evident this year. I think that the team that won the national championship, their moniker this year is that they improved throughout the year, and that's why they were able to achieve what they did in the post season.

Q. What would you have viewed?
RON WELLMAN: Exactly that, a continuation of improvement throughout the year, rather than a decline at the end of the year, a continuation of the improvement. And beating the teams that we should beat, competitively at that time of the year during tournament play.

Please tell me that SOMEONE in the administration is reading this! Welcome to Wake Forest - where a "culture" of dishonesty and cronyism is supported by the administration. (Cue the Al Pacino scene from Scent of a Woman where he tells them the spirit of their forefathers is dead.) MSD... RIP

CLASSIC scene!

Are you finished Mr. Slade?
No, I'm just getting warmed up!

Back