• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The [Redacted] Zone

The latest from the Bzzz apologizers is to try to argue with a straight face that BC is more talented than we are.

We are easily the least talented team in the conference. And Bz is easily the least talented coach. And our game day crowd sucks.

Great combination.

The last time we played BC, we had the best 3 players on the court.

I am not even sure that we are the next to least talented ACC team.

We have more talent than Clemson and BC at least, and are right on par with GT. It is like some of you willingly pretend our players are the worst to ever step on a basketball court to help stomach just how bad the coaching is. Watch more mid major and/or bad basketball, and you will see what talent differential really is.

Our players were all evaluated and wanted by multiple teams, most of them wanted by various major programs. I know it is convenient and easy to blame them, but the lack of talent is far from our most glaring problem.

There's a pretty blatant reason why we are behind Hofstra and duking it out with Rider in KenPom. Talent is not that reason.

We have more talent than Clemson and BC at least, and are right on par with GT. It is like some of you willingly pretend our players are the worst to ever step on a basketball court to help stomach just how bad the coaching is. Watch more mid major and/or bad basketball, and you will see what talent differential really is.

Our players were all evaluated and wanted by multiple teams, most of them wanted by various major programs. I know it is convenient and easy to blame them, but the lack of talent is far from our most glaring problem.

There's a pretty blatant reason why we are behind Hofstra and duking it out with Rider in KenPom. Talent is not that reason.

Starting talent, I agree with you. I think Ty could have developed better offensively, CJ and Travis are both great, and Nikita is actually our only offensive post presence... that being said, our bench sucks, and we have nothing at 1.

I think the recruiting class will help, but we HAVE to get a new coach.

Talent is why we're not a Top 50 team. Talent isn't why this team is barely competitive in the ACC.

Talent is why we're not a Top 50 team. Talent isn't why this team is barely competitive in the ACC.

Precisely. I don't understand why the ardent buzzinners don't understand this distinction.

^^^ THIS^^^
I said last year that we did not have the 254th worst talent. We just had a coach who made it look that way.

It's exactly THE SAME STORY this year and will be exactly THE SAME STORY next year - unless somebody grows some balls, a brain, or a conscience.

189 as of this morning. I didn't think we would escape it for the rest of the year. GT is at #162.

Wow. 19 spot jump is pretty sizable in KP's system. It'd be hard to imagine falling back into the zone this season which is a nice surprise.

Slightly related, that game also pushed BC down to #254. We finished at #251 last year so we might be able to relinquish the title of worst ACC KenPom team after a one year reign.

kenpom update: We drop to 212 in the rankings ( I don't really see us challenging the [Redacted] line for the rest of the season) and BC is 239. Should be an exciting finish.

Have you checked out Clemson's rank recently?

Yeah, they were over 100 5 games ago, but have made a big jump based on blowout road wins over Wake and GT along with a win over Virginia at home.

Back