• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The religious right's hypocrisy now on full display

i'm going to assume that ChristheDeac is disliking my church's attitude, not mine

I hope you find what you're looking for. I just don't think you'll find it in a lot of churches that strive to follow the Bible and follow in Jesus' footsteps (who was a devout Jewish Rabbi by the way).

Time for another round of:
F2ZaMlKXIAAZc4x.jpg

HAPPY EASTER TO ALL, INCLUDING CROOKED AND CORRUPT PROSECUTORS AND JUDGES THAT ARE DOING EVERYTHING POSSIBLE TO INTERFERE WITH THE PRESIDENTIAL ELECTION OF 2024, AND PUT ME IN PRISON, INCLUDING THOSE MANY PEOPLE THAT I COMPLETELY & TOTALLY DESPISE BECAUSE THEY WANT TO DESTROY AMERICA, A NOW FAILING NATION, LIKE “DERANGED” JACK SMITH, WHO IS EVIL AND “SICK,” MRS. FANI “FAUNI” WADE, WHO SAID SHE HARDLY KNEW THE “SPECIAL” PROSECUTOR, ONLY TO FIND THAT HE SPENT YEARS “LOVING” HER, LONG BEFORE THE GEORGIA PERSECUTION OF PRESIDENT TRUMP BEGAN (AND THEREBY MAKING THE CASE AGAINST ME NULL, VOID, AND ILLEGAL!), AND LAZY ON VIOLENT CRIME ALVIN BRAGG WHO, WITH CROOKED JOE’S DOJ THUGS, UNFAIRLY WORKING IN THE D.A.’s OFFICE, ILLEGALLY INDICTED ME ON A CASE HE NEVER WANTED TO BRING AND VIRTUALLY ALL LEGAL SCHOLARS SAY IS A CASE THAT SHOULD NOT BE BROUGHT, IS BREAKING THE LAW IN DOING SO (POMERANTZ!), WAS TURNED DOWN BY ALL OTHER LAW ENFORCEMENT AUTHORITIES, AND IS NOT A CRIME. HAPPY EASTER EVERYONE! -endorsed by Jesus!

I suggest you start Biblical readings much earlier, say in Genesis. He came to fulfill the law, not to completely do away with it.

Yes, Jesus was there for the downtrodden and wanted all to turn from sin to find salvation through following his footsteps. That's why I mentioned that he was what many today would consider to be an Orthodox Jew and was called "Rabbi" many times throughout the scriptures.

I suggest you start Biblical readings much earlier, say in Genesis. He came to fulfill the law, not to completely do away with it.

Yes, Jesus was there for the downtrodden and wanted all to turn from sin to find salvation through following his footsteps. That's why I mentioned that he was what many today would consider to be an Orthodox Jew and was called "Rabbi" many times throughout the scriptures.
If you were a biblical literalist like you seem to be, you might want to check out John 1:38 where John says basically “hey that word rabbi were using, it means teacher”. Now if only there some consistent themes in what Jesus taught?

I have read it from cover to cover multiple times, but it's a long read and I'm sure I missed the passages where Jesus said:
a) that anyone who is biologically predisposed to feel like their gender is misassigned should be ostracized and shunned,
and
b) where Jesus said that the sinners would learn more by being shunned than by us showing them love.

It's all made up. Just try being nice to people regardless of their genitalia or skin tone or whatever.

Even at the most assholish reading of the New Testament, exactly what sin is a trans person committing?

A big follower of everything in Leviticus, eh?

I have read it from cover to cover multiple times, but it's a long read and I'm sure I missed the passages where Jesus said:
a) that anyone who is biologically predisposed to feel like their gender is misassigned should be ostracized and shunned,
and
b) where Jesus said that the sinners would learn more by being shunned than by us showing them love.
You won't find any of this. Jesus went out into the world, but he was not of it. Again, he loved us all as sinners, but he did not celebrate the sin. And yes that goes for lying, cheating, stealing, etc. You name it.

I'm just repeating basic Christian precepts and principles here.

You won't find any of this. Jesus went out into the world, but he was not of it. Again, he loved us all as sinners, but he did not celebrate the sin. And yes that goes for lying, cheating, stealing, etc. You name it.

I'm just repeating basic Christian precepts and principles here.
What sin is a trans person committing?

Also, what part of living in Communion with disenfranchised minorities qualifies as being "of the world"? It's almost literally the opposite.

I just follow the Golden rule and treat everyone the same. That goes for everyone for all walks of life.

I think everyone would benefit from following this exact same principle. Even if they disagree with you on spiritual/religious principles.

It's also the reason, I rarely visit the Tunnels.

Even at the most assholish reading of the New Testament, exactly what sin is a trans person committing?
Probably stealing the significance of manhood or womenhood from the real men and women kind of like how gay marriage made real marriage less special.

Back