• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The Scaramucci Era Ends?

That's a pretty conservative style rant from vad

Well thank god you don't own property and have to pay a shit load of taxes to support a school district you don't use. You would probably shit and go blind.

Everybody uses school districts.

‘The moment when it really started to feel insane’: An oral history of the Scaramucci Era

Sarah Huckabee Sanders, White House press secretary: “My name is Dylan Harbin, but everybody calls me Pickle. I’m 9 years old, and you’re my favorite president. I like you so much that I had a birthday about you. My cake was the shape of your hat.”

Olivia Nuzzi, Washington correspondent for New York magazine: I let out an exhausted sigh so loud that Evan McMorris-Santoro from Vice, who was in front of me, turned around and laughed.

Evan McMorris-Santoro: I thought it was a masterstroke of White House communications strategy. . . . All the press corps wants is the [presser] to be on TV. So the White House, in true Trumpian fashion says . . . “If you want a TV show, we’ll give you a f---ing TV show.”

Nuzzi: It reminded me of when Bill O’Reilly used to take reader emails and they’d all be like: “I don’t understand how someone as smart as you has to deal with idiots all day.” But this one was from a child.

One of the questions was: “How much money do you have?” Which to me was a clue that Donald Trump wrote this with his left hand.

I think Pickle broke me. It’s so insane. So completely deranged.

You're not fully aware. Everyone benefits from educated citizens.

On a much more important side note - picking an embarrassing fight with Paul Ryan's butt buddy from Kenosha is not a shrewd political move. Especially when you need GOP House support to survive.

Random update, Priebus was humiliated and fired, and Paul Ryan has since released an ad supporting funding for Trump's border wall. (And he got to ride a horse!)

Scaramucci’s firing means John Kelly is off to a good start--Jennifer Rubin

Quote:
----------
...But let’s back up for a moment. Recall who pushed for Scaramucci — Jared Kushner and Ivanka Trump. One wonders how many dumb ideas and mistakes (e.g., firing James B. Comey, meeting with a Russian banker, failing to disclose his Russian meetings, mucking around in Qatar policy) Kushner in particular can rack up before the chattering class stops fawning over the first son-in-law and Kelly suggests Kushner go back to his New York business (which remains a source of conflicts of interest) full-time...

If Kelly wants to professionalize the White House staff and shed staffers’ image as a gang of grifters and sleazy salesmen peddling untruths, he’ll need to do more than boot out Scaramucci. He will need to rid the airwaves and the halls of the West Wing of reflexive liars such as Kellyanne “Alternative Facts” Conway and obnoxious, unqualified characters such as Sebastian “Couldn’t Even Get a Security Clearance” Gorka. He’ll need to silence the attacks from the president on his own attorney general and end talk about firing special counsel Robert S. Mueller. He’ll need to give the president an ultimatum — no unsupervised tweets or thuggish asides in speeches, or he (Kelly) goes. Right now, Trump needs Kelly a whole lot more than Kelly needs the job. That gives Kelly unusual leverage with the president. That influence may not last, but as Trump teeters on the brink of political self-immolation, Kelly might be able to convince Trump that this is his last chance to turn things around.

Firing Scaramucci is a good start for Kelly. Scaramucci’s hiring, however, should serve as a road map to root out dim advisers, poor decision-making and contempt for expertise.
----------

yeah Id agree with all that. Still, the problem remains that Kelly isn't a politician. Sure he can shore up order in the West Wing, but can he guide the president on matters of policy, the major responsibility of any COS? Look at the shitty legal immigration policy Trump is backing today, put out by that tight-ass snowflake Tom Cotton. It's a piece of shit with no hope of passing the Senate.

Isn't it the job of a COS to advise the President on what policy to back, what changes to insist upon etc, to avoid backing bad policy and/or policy that has no chance of becoming law and is therefore viewed as an L?

let's just put the generals in charge

- said every stupid person ever

let's just put the generals in charge

- said every stupid person ever

1th3l3.jpg

Why The Mooch Lost His Cool

Scaramucci said he felt burned by the interview. “The Lizzas and Scaramuccis have been friends for over 50 years. My dad knew his dad from construction, and we were building a personal relationship. Most of what I said was humorous and joking. Legally, it may have been on the record, but the spirit of it was off. And he knew that.”

Still, Scaramucci told me, he has plans to take Lizza out for a beer.

When I asked Lizza for his response, he wrote back: “I’ve only known Anthony in his capacity as a Trump surrogate and then White House communications director. We are not and have never been ‘old family friends,’ though I think our fathers knew each other, so maybe that’s what he’s talking about. (The Long Island Italian world in that generation is relatively small.) But again, that would not be a reason to suppress an explosive on-the-record interview.”

Can't believe we only got 10 days of this guy as Head of Communications.

If nothing else, Mooch inspired many memes. He's like a modern day Helen of Troy.

qNn60CN.gif

SNL had to get in some digs before the season started.

Back