• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The Scaramucci Era Ends?

I beg your pardon. Guess you haven't been a passenger on the Long Island railroad lately. We don't discriminate. One way in and one way out. I see red white blue yellow brown black.

Do you own property in NYS? Taxation without representation?

Let's not forget LI who foots the bill for NYS while dragging our asses to the city so they can suck the money from our paychecks too.

I ❤️ NY. sorry pal

Except when they made the Jets move to the swamps of Jersey. Other than that, I'm good
LOL - Long Island receives enormously more from NYC taxes than they put in. Fuck that shitty part of NYS that's only slightly less parasitic than upstate.

It has only been 24 hours since The Mooch left us, and this thread has fallen to pieces. :tear:

Uhhhhh sorry but Noaaaa! We work there, pay our income taxes, spend our money on 15 dollar sandwiches for lunch. Shop, wine and dine.

NYC does NOT contribute a dime to Long Island.

If you're paying property taxes and you hate it so much, sell. Anybody rent anything on your shitty real estate in our shitty state?

Ps: Lebron went to Miami because his income taxes in NY would have choked him. I'm making that up but it's true!

I❤️NY
Yes, you don't get a dime of the enormous amount of money that NY State receives from NYC residents in state income taxes? Nothing for roads, for beaches, for fucking funding for every ridiculous project LI wants money for? All that shit comes out of taxes me an other NYC residents have and still do pay.

LI, like the rest of NY State, is a goddamn parasite on NYC. You should be thrilled the goose keeps shitting out golden eggs, or you'd be living in colder Delaware.

It's much like most southern and Western states. They didn't realize how much funding they take in from the few monster cities versus how much they take out. Most of the US lives on welfare from the major cities.

NYC, Nassau, Suffolk, Rockland and Westchester counties pay $12B (that's a fucking B) more into NY State than they get back.

If you don't live in the 5 boroughs or those 4 counties, you are robbing NYC blind and should thank your lucky stars the state is so fucked up that you can do that.

Residents of downstate suburbs paid more than they received at a higher proportion than NYC residents in 2010: http://www.rockinst.org/pdf/nys_government/2011-12-Giving_and_Getting.pdf

Of course, they all work in NYC and don't exist without it and the money would go further if they didn't need to run so far from the city every night, but at least be honest on the numbers.

NYC residents are free to move to other parts of NY state and enjoy the free ride along with the glorious not-city that is the rest of NY state any time they want

Yes, you don't get a dime of the enormous amount of money that NY State receives from NYC residents in state income taxes? Nothing for roads, for beaches, for fucking funding for every ridiculous project LI wants money for? All that shit comes out of taxes me an other NYC residents have and still do pay.

LI, like the rest of NY State, is a goddamn parasite on NYC. You should be thrilled the goose keeps shitting out golden eggs, or you'd be living in colder Delaware.

It's much like most southern and Western states. They didn't realize how much funding they take in from the few monster cities versus how much they take out. Most of the US lives on welfare from the major cities.

Don't be so hard on LI. It's mostly a shit-hole for sure, but NYC residents get a lot of value out of Long Island, beaches, parks, workers, etc. On any given weekend from June - September, 98% of the population of Eastern LI towns (e.g. the Hamptons) consists of recreating NYC residents.

Last edited:
Yeah, but the Democratic establishment did their jobs and kept, what they saw as, an extreme candidate off the ballot and I say this an avid Bernie supporter. People complained about the behind the scenes shenanigans that the DWS etc. undertook to keep Bernie off the ballot, they are a political party that used their own process to run the candidate that they thought was moderate and reasonable. The GOP establishment stood back and let their party be taken over by a mad man and his racist ilk when perfectly reasonable candidates were there ready to lead.

Part of the problem was none of those perfectly reasonable candidates stepped forward and showed he/she was a great choice. Each one had his own baggage (see Christie/Cruz) or perceived weakness (Rubio/Jeb/Perry). Really pretty amazing when you consider how many there were at the outset.

Part of the problem was none of those perfectly reasonable candidates stepped forward and showed he/she was a great choice. Each one had his own baggage (see Christie/Cruz) or perceived weakness (Rubio/Jeb/Perry). Really pretty amazing when you consider how many there were at the outset.

Sure, but Hillary had her faults as a candidate (obviously) but the DNC leadership didn't sit back and wait for Bernie to take over their party.

just curious, when those industrious philanthropic NYC residents eat, where does the food come from?

They weren't good candidates. That's how they got beat.

They weren't good candidates. That's how they got beat.

16 of the best and brightest Republicans and they all were god awful.

Some party you've got there, jhmd. It'd be a shame if something happened to it.

NYC, Nassau, Suffolk, Rockland and Westchester counties pay $12B (that's a fucking B) more into NY State than they get back.

If you don't live in the 5 boroughs or those 4 counties, you are robbing NYC blind and should thank your lucky stars the state is so fucked up that you can do that.

so, Long Island is a parasite

except for Nassau County and Suffolk County, which are on Long Island (and unless I am mistaken, make up 100% of Long Island)

good rant, dude; VERY appropriate for this thread

Last edited:
I'm still curious why you pay taxes in the shit hole state when you don't live here.
Because I still travel to and earn income in New York State even if it's not where I live the majority of my life?

This isn't exactly a difficult concept.

Because I still travel to and earn income in New York State even if it's not where I live the majority of my life?

This isn't exactly a difficult concept.

But tax reform is soooooooo easy for the GOP.

Back