• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The Sox

Bob McClure was fired today after putting up his best combined ERA by a staff in his whole career.

Had to scapegoat someone. This move also strikes me as front office support for Bobby V because him and McClure didn't get along at all.

lots of power in the lineup tonight:

Ciriaco 3B
Pedroia 2B
Ellsbury CF
Gonzalez 1B
Ross RF
Saltalamacchia C
Nava DH
Aviles SS
Podsednik LF

anyone still watching? no. good. I'm not sure what's more embarrassing, the team's performance on the field or the fact that the front office keeps pumping the sell out streak. I'm leaning towards the sell out streak, it's just awful at this point.

anyone still watching? no. good. I'm not sure what's more embarrassing, the team's performance on the field or the fact that the front office keeps pumping the sell out streak. I'm leaning towards the sell out streak, it's just awful at this point.

Agreed it is bush league. Honestly I cannot stand the entire organization top to bottom right now. Next year doesn't look like its going to be any better.

I don't think the ownership group realizes the damage they are doing to their credibility by still insisting that the "sellout" streak is intact.

hey guys. just wanted to point out the "lol@smallmarketphans" tag. lol at me. im so silly!

According to Gordon Edes of ESPN Boston, the Red Sox are talking to the Dodgers about a deal that would send Adrian Gonzalez, Josh Beckett, Carl Crawford and Nick Punto to Los Angeles.
Calling this deal a "doozy" would be the understatement of the year. Edes writes that "hurdles remain," but that the two sides are "closing in" on a potential deal. There's obviously a lot of money at play with the Gonzalez, Beckett and Crawford contracts, so this would be a pretty complicated deal. It's also worth noting that Crawford just had Tommy John surgery yesterday. But it's clear the Dodgers aren't afraid to take on money.
Source: Gordon Edes on Twitter Aug 24 - 5:28 PM

According to Gordon Edes of ESPN Boston, the Red Sox are talking to the Dodgers about a deal that would send Adrian Gonzalez, Josh Beckett, Carl Crawford and Nick Punto to Los Angeles.
Calling this deal a "doozy" would be the understatement of the year. Edes writes that "hurdles remain," but that the two sides are "closing in" on a potential deal. There's obviously a lot of money at play with the Gonzalez, Beckett and Crawford contracts, so this would be a pretty complicated deal. It's also worth noting that Crawford just had Tommy John surgery yesterday. But it's clear the Dodgers aren't afraid to take on money.
Source: Gordon Edes on Twitter Aug 24 - 5:28 PM

I guess this is just the greatest thing ever if it happens. Throw lackfuck in there and it's a christmas miracle.

Back