• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The Sox

Needed to win that one last night since they're facing Verlander tonight (of course, the Tigers have to face Beckett, so it shouldn't be easy for them either). Still, Verlander has mowed down the Sox on more than one occasion that I can recall.

If mett were here he would say SAWWWWWWWWWWX right now...
I was just coming on this thread to represent his Red Sox :h34rt: but I see that Husky is already here (and is more qualified than I am since I am a fan by marriage - though if Matt really watches the Sox/Yankees series while I am in labor even my love for Dustin Pedroia might be tested).

I was just coming on this thread to represent his Red Sox :h34rt: but I see that Husky is already here (and is more qualified than I am since I am a fan by marriage - though if Matt really watches the Sox/Yankees series while I am in labor even my love for Dustin Pedroia might be tested).

Yeah, watching on tv might be a bit extreme, but surely a radio feed is acceptable, no?

Bard gives up back to back homeruns to lose a 2 run lead in the 8th. Papelbon gets out of a base loaded 1 out situation in the 9th. Crawford with a walkoff for the win. That's 6 in a row, 1.5 games out of first.

Sox acquire lefthanded reliever Franklin Morales from Colorado for a player to be named later and/or cash considerations. Okajima designated for assignment--will be interesting to see if anyone tries to pick him up, but with Rich Hill pitching well, there wasn't really a job available for him.

Apparently the Rays were in on Morales as well before the Sox closed the deal.

Yeah, watching on tv might be a bit extreme, but surely a radio feed is acceptable, no?

Well yeah, the radio is always acceptable, but he says since the hospital has wireless, MLB.tv it is.

Before this homestand rj=mj and I discussed how the Sox needed to get hot because they were in Fenway against pretty crappy competition. They did.

They really need Lester to pitch well tonight since Wakefield and Aceves are pitching the next two. Don't know what you're going to get out of those guys, so Lester needs to be strong.

Garza has pitched some really, really good games against the Sox in the past--I expect the same from him in this series.

Lots of Cubs fans walking around the Fenway area already. Should be a fun series, though I think it's being way over hyped.

I am looking forward to the throwbacks that are supposed to be unveiled on Sunday. I feel like Lester is going to have a strong outing tonight.

^

nevermind did not realize that the sox throwbacks are just solid white uniforms with no designs. pretty uninspiring. although, remy and don said tito looks ridiculous in it. that is something to look forward to tomorrow.

Sox looking good, 6-2. Lester hasn't been pitching all that well but he's gotten out of some tough situations. Men on base in every inning I think.

rough top half of the inning. great shot by salty. hopefully he is starting to get into a groove.

Back