• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The Sox

seriously? I had not heard this and I think it would be a mistake, have you seen him run?

The idea is more about getting Ortiz in, one gathers. I can't say I'm really keen on it either. It would make two slots worse defensively. Runs aren't that hard to come by right now.

(BTW, Pedey is being interviewed now on the radio and complaining -- in a mock fashion of course -- that he is getting so many walks because he isn't getting enough protection from Gonzalez.) :D

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...adrian-gonzalez-play-the-outfield-at-nl-parks

Beckett has been scratched due to an "illness." Tito is just resting his arms and this couldn't be a better time to go on the DL.
I thought Miller looked pretty confident ( it was the Padres thou ).... 5 scoreless innings and one bad mistake.

Watched most of the game on 'Extra Innings.' Always nice to see Dave Roberts back (first-base coach for Padres), who got several ovations -- including one when they replayed the steal on the video board. If he doesn't make it, said the TV guys, Tito would be selling cars.

pic_roberts_jeter.jpg

Watched most of the game on 'Extra Innings.' Always nice to see Dave Roberts back (first-base coach for Padres), who got several ovations -- including one when they replayed the steal on the video board. If he doesn't make it, said the TV guys, Tito would be selling cars.

/QUOTE]

hyperbole much. he might not still be the manager but hed probs be a bench coach somewhere.

Thought Miller looked pretty good last night. We'll see how it carries over when he starts facing AL teams, but he certainly had the look of someone who can be effective--fastball at 92-96, pretty good changeup, and the curve was working for him. I'd like to see him feature the fastball a little more going forward (thought he threw too many curves, but again, it was working for him), but not much to complain about overall.

You won't see that often. Aceves gets the first two in the 2nd inning and proceeds to walk the next 5 for two runs.

weird game all around, aceves was ok even with the five straight walks, and tons of base runners but couldnt get the big hit.

ugh lackey completely lost it. sucks aceves had to go yesterday otherwise i assume lackey would not have come back after the rain delay.

ehh, we had bad pitching matchups, not much we could do about that. beckett scratched and lackey sucked. they didnt get the hits with runners on either, oh well thats baseball.

Yeah when you have to face ACES like Clayton Richard how can you expect to win at home?

ok maybe not bad matchups but we had bad pitchers going. is that better?

lol. Much. I was just yanking your chain anyway.

Here's a complete transcript of John Lackey's postgame press conference:

Q: How tough were the conditions out there?

A: They weren't great.

Q: Did that affect you in any way?

A: I don't think I've hit anybody with the bases loaded before, no.

Q: How did you feel before the delay?

A: Felt OK. Nothing great, nothing bad. Just felt like I was just getting into the game.

Q: Was the pitch to Venable one you felt good about?

A: It wasn't a great pitch. It was a cutter I left over the plate, for sure. You know, leadoff hitter. What are you going to do?

Q: Was every grip really tough in that (fourth) inning? Just gripping the ball with every pitch?

A: I don't know. You guys are going to write what you want to write. Whatever.

Back