• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The Sox

YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUK

pwned. what a game from Beckett one batter away from a perfect game. huge homer from youk but honestly the hit was probably a play most third basemen make.

pwned. what a game from Beckett one batter away from a perfect game. huge homer from youk but honestly the hit was probably a play most third basemen make.

Had a basketball game. Get out, and it's going in to the 7th. What a game by both pitchers. Helly missed on a few, but had a great game. I don't think Beckett missed all night from the looks of it. Tonight'll be a good one.

Sox finish 8-1 on the road trip. Best 9 game trip since they had a 9-0 trip in 1977. Back to Fenway for the Brewers. Will face Gallardo but not Grienke.

Just can't let up! Keep mashing down on the gas! We often see them relax and lose to the teams they should beat up.

Outscored opponents 67-25 over that road trip. Wow. Hopefully Lackey will not suck (which he's accomplished his last two starts) tonight. I didn't realize Shaun Marcum was having this good of a year for the Brewers (1.38 ERA on the road).

I think Lackey needed to clear his head and I would not be surprised if he tears it up after the all-star break.
I just hope Buchholz is alright.

Andrew Miller coming up from Pawtucket to start a game this week. Will be interesting to see if he has finally put it together. His season so far in AAA gives some hope that he has.

This SAWX team is good. Didn't see the game last night, so I'll just assume Price was off his game with the 5 BBs. Please play the Yanks some more.

I'm leary of Andrew Miller. The BB numbers are scary.

Lester struggling with control. He's given up 3 solo HRs in this game, bringing his total to 14 on the year, matching his total for all of last year.

Crawford to the DL. Damn.

There has apparently been consideration given to playing Gonzalez in the outfield in NL parks. I must say he's really impressed me (yesterday's error aside, his first) at first. He makes things look easy there.

i love the fact that at Fenway they have started playing the bruins post-goal horn after every run scored. I hope this continues forever.

Last edited:
More bad news--Buchholz to the DL. His back has been bothering him, so this is a chance to get him some rest and bring Andrew Miller up to see if he's found "it" yet. If he has, that could be really exciting.

Good news--I just booked a trip to Boston for Labor Day weekend to catch two games against the Rangers. Last time I was at Fenway was 2007, so it has been too long.

If anyone has the scoop on how to score some tickets for that weekend, let me know. My Dad and brother are going with me, and I'd like to get them cheaper than what I'll have to pay a scalper or ticket broker...

There has apparently been consideration given to playing Gonzalez in the outfield in NL parks. I must say he's really impressed me (yesterday's error aside, his first) at first. He makes things look easy there.

seriously? I had not heard this and I think it would be a mistake, have you seen him run?

This SAWX team is good. Didn't see the game last night, so I'll just assume Price was off his game with the 5 BBs. Please play the Yanks some more.

I'm leary of Andrew Miller. The BB numbers are scary.

I'm leary of his Tar Hole-ishness. I hate being put in a position of split loyalties. This doesn't begin to compare to the year of Rasheed Wallace, but still, a Heel's a heel.

I'm leary of his Tar Hole-ishness. I hate being put in a position of split loyalties. This doesn't begin to compare to the year of Rasheed Wallace, but still, a Heel's a heel.

I'd rather him pitch than endure another Alfredo Aceves dice roll.

Back